How to disable the Internet on Android phone?
The internet connection on your Android smartphone may remain online permanently and interfere with the phone's functioning. Additionally, it may eat up your data plan without your awareness. This FAQ will walk you through the steps needed to disable the web connection on your device.
How to turn off the Internet connection on an Android phone?
- Go to Settings > Wireless Network > <bold>Mobile. Simply uncheck the box next to Data Enabled so your phone will not connect to the data network. (N.B. You will be unable to send or receive MMS when this option is unchecked.)
- You can also use Data Enabler, a widget that can quickly cut the connection to the data network. From your phone, go to the Android Market and search for APNdroid. You can also download it directly from the Google site.
- Once downloaded, open the software and press On/Off to activate/deactivate the Edge/4G/GPRS connection modes. This will not disable the use of MMS or WiFi on the phone.
Need more help with your mobile? Check out our Forum!
Around the same subject
- How to stop internet in mobile
- Turn off internet
- How to disable internet permanently on android
- How to disappear from the internet > Guide
- Lava hard reset & factory reset [solved] > Phones, PDA & GPS Forum
- Mobile Legends: Bang Bang > Download - MOBA
- Cannot open web pages but internet connected [solved] > Internet & Social Networks Forum
- Fenix internet llc > Guide