SoundCloud allows you to share your music and listen to streaming tracks from your PC or Android/iPhone smartphone. Although this service does not offer music download functionality directly, you can use a browser extension (Chrome or Firefox) to download tracks for free, without additional software and in high quality.
How to download tracks from SoundCloud?
You can only download music directly from SoundCloud if the user who uploaded the file has enabled the download feature in the song permissions.
- To find out if you can download a particular song, start playing it and tap the More feature.
- You'll see a Download or Upload File option if the track owner has made such a feature available.
- Click on it and the track will be saved in the folder you specified to download on your computer.
This option only works for individual songs and does not allow you to download entire playlists. This only works on computers and is not available for iPhone and Android mobile phones.
How to download music from SoundCloud using Google Chrome?
It's very easy to download MP3 songs and audio from the SoundCloud platform without installing software. You can do this from your PC, Mac, Android phone, or iPhone as long as you have the Google Chrome browser installed. Here we give you step-by-step instructions on how to do it:
- Open SoundCloud, find the song you want to download, and click the Share button.
- In the window that opens, click the URL below to select the entire URL, and then right-click it. Select Copy.
- Go to KlickAud, the SoundCloud upload service. Right-click the box that says "Enter Soundcloud Audio URL" and select Paste. Then click Download.
- Click the Upload Song button. The file will be saved in your downloads in MP3 format.
Where can I find songs downloaded from SoundCloud?
If you can't find a song in your Downloads folder, check your download history by tapping the three dots icon in the top right corner of Chrome and selecting Downloads. When you see a song you're interested in, click Show in the Folder.
Other pages for downloading music from SoundCloud
If you're having trouble downloading songs using the KlickAud website, try the SoundCloud Downloader or SoundCloudMp3. The algorithm here is very similar.
How to download music from SoundCloud in Firefox?
If you have a Firefox browser, it's even easier to download tracks from SoundCloud. In addition to the previous pages, you can also add the SCDL SoundCloud Downloader extension, with which you don't even have to leave SoundCloud to download your favorite music.
- After downloading the extension, when prompted by Firefox, click Continue Installation and then Add.
- After installation, go to SoundCloud and search for the song you want. Just below each song you will see a new button called SCDL. Click on it to download the song. This button will also appear next to each song when you're listening to a playlist or album.
- If a pop-up window like this opens, select Save File and click OK. Ready!
Where are the songs saved?
To view your downloads in Firefox, click the down arrow to the right of the search bar. Then click the folder icon to access the location of the files and save them anywhere on your computer.
How to download music from SoundCloud on Android or iPhone?
If you want to listen to SoundCloud music on your mobile phone - regardless of whether you have an Internet connection - then the only option the platform offers is a paid subscription, similar to Spotify's system. For a monthly fee, you can access all your music wherever you are, with or without an Internet connection. The free version also allows you to listen to music (only when connected to the Internet), with the difference that it includes advertising. It will only take you a few minutes to download the application:
Another option for listening to music from SoundCloud on your mobile phone is to download the songs to your computer, as we explained earlier, using one of the download websites from Google Chrome or installing the SCDL extension in Firefox, and then saving them to the cloud or such platform like Google Drive or Dropbox. By syncing this folder across all your devices, you can access your files from your mobile phone and listen to your favorite songs anytime.
How to download entire playlists from SoundCloud?
Most of the above options are very useful for downloading songs individually. However, if you want to download the full list from SoundCloud, you can use the free 4K Video Downloader app. If you don't have it yet, you can download it here:
After this, the algorithm is very simple; you just need to follow these steps:
- Download and launch 4K video downloader.
Open a playlist on the SoundCloud website and copy the URL link of the corresponding playlist.
- Go to 4K Video Downloader and paste the link.
- Select whether you want to change some of the download options, such as format, where to save the download, etc. and click Download or Extract to confirm. Ready! In the download folder, you will find Another option for listening to music from SoundCloud from your mobile phone is to download the songs to your computer as we explained earlier, using one of the download websites from Google Chrome or installing the SCDL extension in Firefox and then saving them to the cloud or on a platform such as Google Drive or Dropbox. By syncing this folder across all your devices, you can access your files from your mobile phone and listen to your favorite songs anytime.