In this article, we will explain to you how to set your Telegram account to self-destruct when no longer used.
Does Telegram delete inactive accounts?
Telegram lets us exchange messages, photos, files and links with no limits and so it stays available in the chats and on the Telegram cloud system. On the official Telegram FAQ page it’s said:
«Telegram is not a commercial organization, and we value our disk space greatly. If you stop using Telegram and don't come online for at least six months, your account will be deleted along with all messages, media, contacts and every other piece of data you store in the Telegram cloud».
So there are two reasons why this feature exists: data security, in case someone steals your phone or connects from your computer, and cloud storage protection.
You can set a comfortable time period for your Telegram account before self-destruction: from 1 month to 12 months. To do so, follow the instructions below.
How to set your Telegram account to automatically self-destruct?
1. Open your Telegram app and tap on Settings in the lower right corner of your screen. 2. Go to Privacy and Security tab. 3. Scroll down to If Away For and select the preferable amount of time: from 1 month to 12 months.
- How To Create a Nokia Account
- How to Use Box.com
- How To Set T-Mobile Account Permissions
- How To Create a Firefox Account
- Recover Yahoo account: password, with & without phone number > Guide
- Make group video calls on Telegram: host, join, broadcast
- The best Telegram bots
- How to use Telegram Web on your computer?
- Find the best Telegram channels: on Android and iOS