How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
Since a lot of people are now switching to Telegram messenger after the new WhatsApp data policy changes, Telegram made it possible to import your WhatsApp chats history. This feature is already available for iOS and Android devices. In this article, you will find a step-by-step guide about how to transfer your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Note: You can't transfer all your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram at once - you'll have to transfer each chat separately.
How to move chat history from WhatsApp to Telegram?
You need both apps' latest versions to import WhatsApp chats to Telegram.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone/iPad and enter the chat you want to transfer. Then, tap on the contact’s name on your screen to access the Contact info menu.
- Select the Export chat option in the bottom of the menu.
- Next, select Telegram from the sharing menu.
- Telegram will ask you where you would like to import the messages: to one of your contacts, groups or saved messages that are visible only for you. You can select your Saved Messages and then tap on Send to keep the chat to yourself.
On Android Devices
- In your WhatsApp app, go to the chat you want to transfer.
- Tap the Menu icon (three vertical dots).
- Next, select More. Go to Export Chat and select the Telegram option from the Share menu.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
Around the same subject
- How to send message from whatsapp to telegram
- Whatsapp sticker to telegram > Guide
- How to appear offline on whatsapp > Guide
- Cmd send message to ip > Guide
- Telegram download > Download - Instant messaging
- How to get whatsapp verification code online > Guide