Did you know that you can still use Messenger with the new feature of temporarily deactivating your Facebook account while keeping your Messenger account? Read on to get the detailed instructions on how to do so.
Can you use Messenger without Facebook?
In order to get your hands on Facebook Messenger, you will first have to create a Facebook account that you can deactivate later. Keep in mind that you can't completely delete your Facebook account and continue using the Messenger app (this restriction doesn't apply to users who are using an older version of the Messenger app (without a Facebook account) downloaded before the end of 2019).
First of all, you need to deactivate your Facebook account. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Facebook account by entering the username and password in the app on your device or in the desktop version.
2. Click on the grey arrow icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and go to Settings and choose Your Facebook Information. At the end of the list, you will see the option Deactivation and Deletion, click on View.
3. Select Deactivate account and confirm your choice by clicking Continue to Account Deactivation.
To confirm the operation of deactivation of your Facebook account, you will need to enter the password that you use to sign in to your account. After entering the password, you will be asked to specify the reason for deactivating your account. Name it and click on the Deactivate button that you will see at the bottom of the page.
After this, your account will be deactivated and other users will not be able to see it. Most of the content you have shared, as well as pages and groups where you are the sole administrator, will be hidden. You will be able to reactivate your Facebook account at any time.
With a deactivated account, you will be able to continue using the Messenger app: your profile picture will appear in Messenger chats and people will be able to search for you by name.
Can't log into Facebook says that my password is wrong [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I am unable to log into my Facebook. It says that my password is wrong. I have tried resetting it many times and it never sends me the emai...
I can't open my Facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can log on I can see all the other features on my page but when I try to open my profile it says that it has an Error and that they are tryin...
Facebook Home page won't load [Solved/Closed]
I've seen other messags like mine, but I haven't been able to solve this problem... I have a desktop Emachines computer, and I'm using Windows XP. ...
I need the facebook in english [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I need the facebook in english. I went through the system given advices as well. But the problem is as I typ www.facebook.com, everything is ...
Not getting Facebook confirmation email [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I made my account on Yahoo mail as well as on Facebook, but I have not received the confirmation email in which the confirmation link is giv...
cannot connect to my facebook page [Solved/Closed]
Hello, Whenever I try to log onto my facebook page it doesnt work! After filling out my email and password, and press login, I always get an error me...
Facebook login in english [Solved]
Hello, i am based in the united arab emirates. when I go to the facebook login page it always shows the arabic version.i cannot read a word. how do ...
I can't access my facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't get into my facebook profile for the past few hour and this is making go CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY!!!!
Problem with confirmation code at Facebook [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't find the confirmation mail to get my code for log in at Facebook. System Configuration: Windows XP Internet
Facebook confirmation code [Solved/Closed]
Hello, what is my confirmation code?Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
- Deactivated Facebook- can’t change messenger picture? [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Can't remember my messenger password [solved] > Forum - Yahoo Mail
- How To Switch Accounts In Messenger Without Password [solved] > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Problems with messenger accounts > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Facebook account hacked email and phone changed [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account