If your Word document inadvertently includes blank pages, it might be caused by empty paragraphs, section breaks, or page breaks. Continue reading to discover how to delete a blank page in Microsoft Word.
How to delete an entire page in Word?
- To go to the page you want to delete, either reach it manually or press Ctrl+G and enter the page number, then confirm
- Select the whole page content
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
How to fix extra blank paragraphs?
If your blank page is located at the end of your document, it may be caused by the existence of extra blank paragraphs after your text.
- Go to the end of the document
- Activate the ¶ option
- Select all the undesired ¶ at the end of your document, and delete them
How to fix section break?
Section breaks allow you to manage the formatting of your document, but they can also be the cause of inadvertent blank pages in your document:
- Activate the ¶ option in the top right corner (like specified in the previous section)
- Scroll through your document to locate any section breaks that might be present (they are indicated by two horizontal lines).
- Select the unintentional ones, then delete them
How to fix manual page break?
Your blank pages may have been caused by an accidental — or purposeful — page jump that you have inserted:
- Scroll through your document to locate any page breaks (indicated by two horizontal lines and the words Page Breaks)
- Select and delete them
Note: If you have found that the blank pages only appear when you print your document, it may be due to your printer settings.
- How to delete page in word
- Word delete pages
- Delete page from word
- Delete part of a table in Word: cells, columns, rows > Guide
- How to delete multiple files on Mac > Guide
- How to remove mark up area in microsoft word 2007 [solved] > Forum - Word
- Backspace not working in Word: 365, 2016 > Guide
- Recover an unsaved email attachment in Word > Guide
- Insert a check mark in Word document: Mac, Windows, shortcut
- View Word documents in full screen mode: Windows, Mac
- How to set and print an A5 page in Word?
- Convert numbers into Words: in Word
- How to add a watermark: in Word, to all pages, on one page
- Why is word showing dots instead of spaces
- Insert images in Word document: without moving the text
- How to stop letters overlapping in Word: when printing
- How do you find hyperlinks in Word documents
- Download Word for free: student, Mac, Windows
- Automatically replace abbreviations in Word via AutoCorrect
- View version history of Word document: SharePoint, OneDrive
- Vertical scroll bar missing in Microsoft Word: right hand
- Add a background image or watermark to a Word document
- Recover unsaved documents in Microsoft Word: on Mac, Windows
- How to add document properties in Word
- Convert Word to PDF and PDF to Word: online, for free
- How to open DVI file: Windows, online
- Remove password from a Word document
- Insert symbols and special characters in Word
- How to change editing language: Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Word charts: create, insert, customize
- Insert watermark in Word: in front of picture
- Remove hyperlinks in Word
- How to create a TOC in Microsoft Word?
- How to insert a non-breakable space (NBSP) in Word?