No one is safe from a power outage or computer crash, so you need to take every precaution to save your data when working on important documents. This can be helped by enabling and configuring your AutoSave and AutoRecover options in Microsoft Office. In doing so, you'll help to prevent data loss, and facilitate the recovery of your unsaved files.
How to enable AutoSave and AutoRecovery in Microsoft Office in Windows?
Open the desired Office program (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, Project...) and click on the File menu > Options > Save > Save documents.
Make sure that the Save AutoRecover information every [_] minutes checkbox is ticked and then choose how often you'd like MS Office to automatically save your documents (select a value between 1 and 120).
How to enable file AutoRecovery in MS Office?
- The Keep the last autosaved version if close without saving option enables you to recover unsaved documents (with minimal loss of data).
- Once you've enabled this feature, MS Office will save copies of the last autosaved versions of your documents in the UnsavedFiles folder (located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office).
- To recover unsaved files, you simply have to open a new or existing document and then click on File > Info > Manage Versions > Recover Unsaved Documents.
- Files are kept for a period of 4 days.
How to recover an unsaved Word document on Mac?
- To recover your Word document on a Mac computer, open Finder and type "AutoRecovery" in the Search tab.
- You'll see a list of unsaved files that can be recovered. Double-click on the file you'd like to recover and it will be opened in Microsoft Word.
- Finally, click on File menu and choose Save As, then select the name and your file will be saved on your desktop/documents folder.
- Recover unsaved visio file
- Visio recover unsaved
- Recover visio file
- Illustrator (CS4) just crashed [solved] > Forum - Software
- Recover an unsaved email attachment in Word > Guide
- Recover deleted PST file: Outlook, from hard drive, free > Guide
- Recover deleted music files in Windows Media Player > Guide
- Foxit Reader does not restore last session > Guide
- Insert a check mark in Word document: Mac, Windows, shortcut
- View Word documents in full screen mode: Windows, Mac
- How to set and print an A5 page in Word?
- Convert numbers into Words: in Word
- How to add a watermark: in Word, to all pages, on one page
- Why is word showing dots instead of spaces
- Insert images in Word document: without moving the text
- How to stop letters overlapping in Word: when printing
- How do you find hyperlinks in Word documents
- Download Word for free: student, Mac, Windows
- Automatically replace abbreviations in Word via AutoCorrect
- View version history of Word document: SharePoint, OneDrive
- Vertical scroll bar missing in Microsoft Word: right hand
- Delete part of a table in Word: cells, columns, rows
- Add a background image or watermark to a Word document
- How to add document properties in Word
- Convert Word to PDF and PDF to Word: online, for free
- How to open DVI file: Windows, online
- Remove password from a Word document
- Insert symbols and special characters in Word
- How to change editing language: Microsoft Word
- Remove hyperlinks in Word
- Microsoft Word charts: create, insert, customize
- Insert watermark in Word: in front of picture
- How to delete a page in Word
- How to create a TOC in Microsoft Word?
- How to insert a non-breakable space (NBSP) in Word?