In this article we will show you how to to change or modify the creation date of certain files and folders on your PC or Mac. Read on for the step-by-step instructions.
How to change the creation date of files using Attribute Changer on PC?
- Download Attribute Changer.
- Double click on ac.exe to install the program.
- Once installed the Change Attribute option will be available via the context menu:
- Right-click on your folder then select Change attribute > File Properties.
- Check "Modify date and time stamps"
- Make your changes and click OK.
How to change file creation date on Mac?
To change file timestamps on Mac you will need to use the Terminal program.
- Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal or simply press cmd and space keys simultaneously, then type "Terminal" and press the Enter key.
- Locate the file you'd like to change in Finder.
- In Terminal, type "touch -m" and space. Next, drag the file from Finder to Terminal and press Enter.
- Modify the date of the creation using this formula: touch -t YYYYMMDDhhmm, where YYYY – is the year of creation, MM – the month, DD – the day, and hh/mm – hours and minutes.
- Press Enter to save the changes.
Do you need more help with your computer? Check out our forum!
- Change folder creation date
- Change folder date
- Folder date changer
- Modify file or folder creation date [solved] > Forum - Windows
- How to change the order of files in a folder in google drive > Guide
- F2 Key (Shortcut for renaming the files / Folder) is not working [solved] > Forum - Keyboard
- Ig stories from close friends to public > Forum - Instagram
- How to change download location Opera gx > Guide
- How to clear virtual memory: Windows 10, pagefile
- How to stop HP laptop from sleeping when closing lid
- Laptop whistling noise: fan, HP, Dell
- Where to download 4K wallpapers: on PC, Mac, mobile devices
- How to mine Bitcoin: on PC, at home, on laptop, for free
- Acer Recovery Management: Windows 10, tool download
- Dell Inspiron webcam driver: download, for Windows 10
- Acer laptop disconnects from Wi-Fi: what to do?
- Built in microphone not working: Windows 10, Mac
- Flashing orange light on HP laptop: WiFi
- Dell Inspiron time of day: not set, clock stopped
- Reset PC to factory settings: Windows 8.1
- Change desktop background: Windows 10, Mac
- How to work from home: effectively, online