Wifi Network security is meant to protect a wireless network from unauthorized access. Sometimes it happens that users are unable to connect to a wifi network which is encrypted with WPA. The WPA encrypted Wifi Network asks for an authentication key before a connection can be made. If a valid key is provided and the user is still unable to connect to a wifi network encrypted with WPA, there could be a problem in the channel. Even if the status of the signal strength is good, there could be some
You are unable to connect to a WPA-encrypted WiFi network even though it is listed and has a strong signal. It spends a long time trying to establish a connection before failing with an error message.
- Freebox v5 in router and WiFi mode with WPA key.
- Atheros WiFi card.
- Windows Vista.
Note: this tip may work on other configurations.
- Go to the console for wireless management of your other Wi-Fi router.
- Disable automatic channel.
- Select channel No. 10.
- Choose an alphanumeric WPA key (using only letters and numbers).
Channel 11 is the default channel in all configurations and it is possible this has caused interference with the signal. Changing the channel should stop this.
- How to connect to encrypted wifi
- Encrypted wifi
- How to fix encrypted wifi
- Connection timed out wifi [solved] > Forum - Network
- How to connect to railway wifi > Guide
- Playstation 3 won't obtain the IP address [solved] > Forum - PS3/PS4
- IPhone won't connect to hotel wifi [solved] > Forum - IPhone
- My ps3 cant connect to my wireless internet [solved] > Forum - PS3/PS4
- What is WiFi and how does it work?
- How to setup Airtel broadband connection: in Windows
- How To Fix a Wireless Router that Can't Connect
- How to change IP address: on iPhone, Windows, Mac, via cmd
- How to access Spectrum WiFi hotspots: login, in my area
- Linksys router: not working, incorrect password
- How to choose the best WiFi channel?
- How to configure the Wi-Fi mode of your Freebox?
- Windows 7 can't connect to WiFi: what to do?
- How to connect to Wi-Fi: iPhone, iPod
- Everything about Wi-Fi 6: speed, devices
- Share WiFi password: between iPhone, Android, PC, Mac
- How to secure NetGear router:m login, password