Whether you have forgotten a Wi-Fi password that was assigned to you or a password that you have chosen, all is not lost. You can use your computer to retrieve your forgotten WiFi password. Continue reading to find out how to do so.
How to find your Wi-Fi network password on your computer?
- To use your computer to retrieve your Wi-Fi password, the computer in question must already be connected to the Wi-Fi network. If this is the case, click the Windows icon or Start > Control Panel:
- Next, click Network and Sharing Center:
- The computer will show the name of the Wi-Fi network to which it is connected. Click the network name:
- A pop-up box will open. Click the Wireless Properties option:
- Next, click the Security tab:
- Then, click the box next to Show Characters:
- The characters that are displayed in the Network security key box correspond to the Wi-Fi network's password.
visit our forum for more wi-fi related themes