Whether you have forgotten a Wi-Fi password that was assigned to you or a password that you have chosen, all is not lost. You can use your computer to retrieve your forgotten WiFi password. Continue reading to find out how to do so.
How to retrieve Wi-Fi network password on a computer?
- To use your computer to retrieve your Wi-Fi password, the computer in question must already be connected to the Wi-Fi network. If this is the case, click the Windows icon or Start > Control Panel:
- Next, click Network and Sharing Center:
- The computer will show the name of the Wi-Fi network to which it is connected. Click the network name:
- A pop-up box will open. Click the Wireless Properties option:
- Next, click the Security tab:
- Then, click the box next to Show Characters:
- The characters that are displayed in the Network security key box correspond to the Wi-Fi network's password.
visit our forum for more wi-fi related themes
- Remove password from windows 8.1 > Guide
- Lenovo password reset windows 10 > Guide
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in > Guide
- Connect to railway WiFi: mobile, laptop, station, free > Guide
- RAR Password Unlocker > Download
- What is WiFi and how does it work?
- How To Fix a Wireless Router that Can't Connect
- How to setup Airtel broadband connection: in Windows
- How to change IP address: on iPhone, Windows, Mac, via cmd
- How to access Spectrum WiFi hotspots: login, in my area
- Linksys router: not working, incorrect password
- How to choose the best WiFi channel?
- How to configure the Wi-Fi mode of your Freebox?
- Windows 7 can't connect to WiFi: what to do?
- How to connect to Wi-Fi: iPhone, iPod
- Everything about Wi-Fi 6: speed, devices
- Unable to connect to WiFi: encrypted with WPA
- Share WiFi password: between iPhone, Android, PC, Mac
- How to secure NetGear router:m login, password