If you are the only one using your computer, you can easily skip the password required each time you start Windows 10 by deactivating it. Here is how to get started.
How to disable password at login?
1) Type the Windows + R keyboard shortcut. In the box that appears, enter the netplwiz command and confirm by pressing the Enter key, or by clicking OK.
2) The User Accounts window will appear. Simply uncheck the box in front of the option. Then, enter your username and password to use the computer. Click OK to validate.
3) A new window, titled Automatically sign in, will appear to ask for you to confirm your choice and verify your identity. The account name should be the only one available, and with administrator status. Enter your password in both fields, then click OK:
N.B: The operation affects all referenced accounts if you have more than one.
How to remove password verification after sleep mode?
The previous step only works when the computer starts. If you do not do anything else, it's possible that Windows will still ask you for a password each time your PC comes out of sleep mode, which can be even more annoying if it happens more than once in the day. There's a setting to avoid this control.
1) Right-click the Start menu, then click Settings in the list that appears.
2) In the window that opens, click Accounts.
3) The contents of the window will change to display the settings related to user accounts. In the left column, click Sign-in options.
4) Go to the Require sign-in section. Then, select Never, instead of When PC wakes up from sleep:
Now, Windows will no longer require a password every time your computer comes out of sleep mode.
N.B. Remember that your PC's account will no longer be protected. So, remember to reactivate these security options if you have to expose your computer to other people.
- "windows 10"
- Stop Linux Asking For Password
- How to remove password from windows 8.1 login screen
- How to Remove Password From a Document on Word 2010
- How To Unlock a WD External Drive Without a Password
- Recover Lost Admin Password for a Lenovo Laptop
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO