How to create a file with specific size: Windows 7
In this guide, we will show you how to create an empty file, with a defined size on Windows 7.
To create an empty file on Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu, click on the Windows icon at the bottom left of the taskbar
- Type cmd in the search bar, righ-click on the cmd icon, and select "Run as administrator"
- Once the command prompt has opened, create a new file with the name "name_of_file.extension" of size "size_in_bytes" at the location "path_of_file" by tipping :
fsutil file createnew [name_of_file.extension] [size_in_bytes] [path_of_file]
For example, to create a 64MB file named test.png at C:\Desktop, you should type:
fsutil file createnew C:\Desktop\test.png 6400000
Note that if you don't specify the path of the file, it will be generated in the system32 folder.
any more questions about windows 7? check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- How to create a file in windows 7
- Create empty file with size
- Windows create file with size
- Windows 10 iso file download > Download - Windows
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in > Guide
- Create a yahoo email account for free > Guide
- Webcam 7 > Download - Other
- Instagram > Download - Social media