In this guide, we will show you how to create an empty file, with a defined size on Windows 7.
To create an empty file on Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu, click on the Windows icon at the bottom left of the taskbar
- Type cmd in the search bar, righ-click on the cmd icon, and select "Run as administrator"
- Once the command prompt has opened, create a new file with the name "name_of_file.extension" of size "size_in_bytes" at the location "path_of_file" by tipping :
fsutil file createnew [name_of_file.extension] [size_in_bytes] [path_of_file]
For example, to create a 64MB file named test.png at C:\Desktop, you should type:
fsutil file createnew C:\Desktop\test.png 6400000
Note that if you don't specify the path of the file, it will be generated in the system32 folder.
- Windows create empty file with size
- Windows create empty file
- Create empty file
- How to create an icon in Paint > Guide
- How to create a .bin file? [solved] > Forum - Programming
- Create an ISO file via ImgBurn: from files and folders > Guide
- State information about number and size of partition created mention file system
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10? > Guide
- LNK shortcuts on Windows 7: how to fix?
- How to increase cache memory in Windows: 10, 8, 7
- How to repair Windows 7 from USB flash drive?
- Install unsigned drivers: Windows 7
- How to delete Windows image backup file
- How to remove bandwidth limit: Windows 7, Windows 10
- Format computer: Windows 7, without CD
- Disable service credential manager: Windows 10
- How to change taskbar color Windows 7: ultimate, home basic
- Windows Installer has stopped working: Windows 7
- Fatal error could not create output file project1.exe'
- Check the BIOS version of Windows 7: cmd, without restarting
- How to clear the clipboard: Windows 7, command line
- How to fix Windows error code 0x8000222
- How to add a desktop shortcut to sleep Windows 7
- Shortcut key for network connections: Windows 7
- Disable tablet PC input panel: Windows 7, Win 7
- View update history: Windows 7
- How to erase CD rw: Windows 7
- How to disable desktop window manager: Windows 7
- Disable the Performance Counter Feature in Windows
- Install driver in compatibility mode Windows 7
- How to increase command prompt buffer size
- Windows 7 end of support: what to do now?
- How to find windows 7 build number
- How to change the welcome message in Windows 7
- Disable desktop composition Windows 7
- How to add the menu bar in Windows Explorer on Windows 7
- How to make the mouse wake up the PC: Windows 7
- How to disable the software protection service in Windows 7
- How to change administrator name in Windows 7?
- Disable Aero Windows 7
- Internet options shortcut: command, on desktop, Windows 7
- How to disable the security center in Windows 7
- Disable the performance counter feature: Windows 7
- "Open with" option not showing Windows 7