Google Pay is a great way to make your day easier. However, it seems that this latest version is still unstable. While waiting for the developers to optimize it, you might want to install the old version that is linked in this article.
What is Google Pay? Google Pay is a digital wallet and online payment system. It was developed by Google and was launched in September 2015 under the name Android Pay that became Google pay in January 2018. The goal of the app is to allow in-app, as well as tap-to-pay purchases for Android users. However, iOS users in the US and India only can also use the app.
Here are some of Google Pay app main features:
- Money Transfer: you can send and receive money from friends and family, but also create groups to organize trips or else. Transfers are free with Google Pay balance and you have no fees if you use an Automated Clearing House (ACH).
- Contactless Payment: to proceed to a contactless payment, you only have to hold your unlocked phone to the reader. However, you can use this feature only where contactless payments are accepted.
- Online Shopping: you can use the app at checkout.
- Organization: more than a digital wallet, Google Pay will help you to manage your budget. You can get weekly summaries and overall tracks, as well as reminders for upcoming bills.
- Cashbacks: you can get cashbacks that will be automatically added to your balance for paying and referring friends.
How to Use Google Pay?
Google Pay’s interface is pretty simple. To set your Google Pay account, you have to download the app and then connect with your Google account and choose your payment methods: they include credit and debit cards, but also gift and loyalty cards. The app will also ask you to link it to your phone number (this will later allow you to confirm payments). Next, you will get to set your preferences: do you want to be discoverable by your friends, do you want to opt for rewards (see above)? If you find setting up the app difficult, you can always follow the official guide.
Google Pay Versions
The version linked to this page is the new version of the app, however, it is an early access, meaning that the version may be unstable. You may want to install the old version. This is also the case for Apple users: there is the new, potentially unstable version, as well as the old version.
Is Google Pay Safe?
In order to secure your expenses, the app asks for authentication (fingerprint, pattern, PIN, or face to verify your identity) before every payment. To that, you can also add the card encryption, meaning that the app shares a unique Virtual Account Number instead of your actual card number with the receiver. However, keep in mind that once you send money to someone, it means that this is your choice - and Google Pay cannot do anything about that and will not refund you.
Is Google Pay Free?
You can download and install the app for free.
In order to run Google Pay on your device, you need Android 5.0 and up and iOS 11.0 or later.
Images: Google Play
- Google pay ios download
- Google pay - Best answers
- Google pay app free download - Best answers
- Google pay tizen download - Forum - Mobile
- Google pay app download ✓ - Forum - Downloading
- Download Play Store on Tizen phone ✓ - Forum - Mobile
- Google Pays Billions for iOS Top Spot - News
- How to recharge netflix from google pay - How-To - Internet