Dwarf Fortress download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Dwarf Fortress is an indie roguelike, construction, and management video game created by Bay 12 Games. Developed over 20 years of hard work, Dwarf Fortress offers one of the most detailed world simulations ever created, full of dwarves, creatures, events, quests, and thrilling adventures.
- Tutorial: The game learning curve has been drastically improved. Starting an adventure has never been easier, as in-game tutorials are available to guide you through your first steps.
- World generation: The world generation process is stunning and handles many different parameters to give each adventure a unique taste and well-balanced saltiness. Also, all the characters you meet have their own past and memories tracked throughout your game, which allows you to build solid relationships and coherent scenarios. Among all the things the world generation handles, you will find hundreds of monsters, creatures, and animals, poetry, instruments, and dances for your dwarves, but also all the weather conditions (wind, humidity, air masses, clouds, storms, blizzards, etc.), hundreds of towns, caves, and regions with various atmospheres, and lots more.
- Command your dwarves: There are tons of different things you can do as you conduct your dwarves in the mountain, like crafting treasures and furniture from materials you collected or trading goods with your neighbors. And don't forget to keep your population happy and read their thoughts, building structures like a floodgate to divert water for farming, and lots more.
- Survive and socialize: As life goes on, you must defend yourself against many dangers like hostile civilizations, dead beings, and horrific creatures of the night. And if someone gets hurt, several options are available, like surgery, crutches, sutures, splints, and more. Also, please don't neglect the social aspect of your dwarves, as they can lay out taverns, libraries, or temples, drink beers and eat mushrooms to make their life more prosperous.
- Go on quests: Quests are rumors in Dwarf Fortress. While exploring the vast and rich world, you can recruit people to come with you, meet adversaries from previous games, make your reputation grows and become a hero, a friend, an enemy, a thug, a musician, or whatever you want.
- Races and creatures: You will find all sorts of beings, such as goblins, elves, and dwarves. In addition, you will also find animals that you can have as pets or that will make your life impossible.
We offer you the Dwarf Fortress featuring original ASCII graphics giving it a unique old-school look. The new paid version provides improved graphics with sprites, though.
Duration and game modes
As the game has no end, you can play it for hundreds of hours and still discover new aspects and learn new ways to ensure your colony survives. Dwarf Fortress offers a solo experience through several game modes:
- Dwarf Fortress: This is the classic mode where you command your dwarves looking for wealth in the beloved mountain. Make sure they get everything they need, including a supply of food and beer, as they will have to survive hostile attacks from other civilizations.
- Adventurer: This is more like an RPG mode where you create your character and choose the name, race, gender, and personality, but also skills and attributes. You will evolve in the same environment as the Dwarf Fortress mode, talk to NPC, go on quests, make sure you stay healthy, and survive in this brutal world.
- Legends: You can discover and analyze in detail all the events that occur in a world and examine conflicts and other historical activities.
What do the reviews say?
Dwarf Fortress is a hit that received a Metacritic score of 93/100 and was rated Overwhelmingly Positive by over 15.000 players on Steam. Even though we provide you with the version with original graphics, all the gameplay mechanics are implemented, and the game remains a groundbreaking experience.
"It's in systems that the beauty of their game lies, systems that are capable of generating in minutes worlds that contain more richness than some entire game franchises." (Polygon)
Developers describe the content like this: "Dwarf Fortress contains textual descriptions of violence, and static 2D sprites that may have violent ends. Alcohol consumption is required for a dwarven fortress to run smoothly, as described in text. Dwarves can experience mental anguish, and in extreme cases this can lead to them taking their own lives or the lives of others."
Even though the game has no official PEGI rating, it does not contain scenes of violence or strong language. However, it is not a simple game, as it may involve a few complex gameplay mechanics that can make it hard for a young audience.
- Dwarf fortress mac
- Team fortress 2 download > Download - Shooters
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard? > Guide
- Boot Camp > Download - Security and maintenance
- Backslash on Mac: UK, German, French, AZERTY keyboards > Guide
- Insert a tilde sign: on Mac, Windows > Guide