One of the most popular games ever, The Sims 4 lets your imagination go wild and create a world of your own. In this fourth installment, players get to choose looks, characters, and outfits for their Sims, build and design unique homes, travel, build successful careers, achieve life goals, and meet other Sims... The options are endless.
Where to play The Sims 4?
Like all the other titles of The Sims series, The Sims 4 is published by Electronic Arts. Hence, we provide you with the Origin platform from which you can download The Sims 4 for free, as it has become a free-to-play game (you can still buy in-game items from the dedicated store).
To play The Sims 4, you just need to provide some personal data to create your account, and you are good to start downloading the game for hours of fun.
And about The Sims 4 supported platforms, you can play it on Windows PCs and Apple computers running under macOS. Indeed, neither Xbox nor PlayStation consoles nor smartphone devices support the game.
- Create Sims: Choose the appearance of your Sims, select their personality traits, goals, talents, and values, and make them live their life the way you want.
- Home decor: The Sims 4 is made for you if you are into design and decoration. You can build the house of your dreams, modify the landscape, add a swimming pool or a barbecue terrace, choose designer pieces of furniture, and paint the walls as many times as you want. Then, if you don't like the result, use the bulldozer to remove it, start from scratch, or choose among hundreds of pre-built houses.
- Community: Meet other Sims, build friendly or romantic relationships, socialize, and throw parties. Explore the different places and visit neighbors, friends, and co-workers. Each one of them has its own personality.
- Make decisions: Control your Sims and choose their lifestyle, keeping in mind that every decision you make will have consequences. Choose a profession, form a family, make friends, and, above all, take care of them.
- Mods and expansion packs: The Sims 4 comes with a big list of cool add-ons. Add-ons come as complete The Sims 4 kits or just smaller extensions. You can read our article about top Sims 4 add-ons and choose the ones you like the most to pimp your gameplay.
- The Sims 4 Island Living: One of the most popular Sims 4 extensions is the Island Living. It lets you go to the tropical Sulani island and explore the beaches and nature.
- The Sims 4 Get Famous: This pack allows you to make your dreams come true and become a famous actor or singer, earn a lot of money, and enjoy being known by hundreds of fans.
- The Sims 4 Wicked Whims: This add-on is developed by Turbodriver and is only available if you are 18+. It's a sex and nudity Sims 4 mod where you can start a Strip Club business, choose your sexual orientation, explore voyeurism, and more.
The Sims 4 is the first title in the series to use a completely new rendering engine, introducing many improvements in characters' motion and textures, and offering a much more realistic environment.
Duration and game modes
The Sims 4 offers a solo adventure that can last as long as you want since there is no end. In The Sims 4 world, a whole day is about 24 minutes in the real world.
What do the reviews say?
This installment experienced a positive reception with an average score of 70 points on Metacritic.
"Everything feels like a step forward, even though there are some aspects (like random tutorials or some situations in which we felt completely out of control) that we would like to see more polished. Still, a great choice for The Sims fans." (Vandal)
The Sims 4 is rated PEGI 12. It contains non-explicit sexual content, and your character can die (but it is not violent at all).