The unavailable RPC Server error means that a printer is not available to the computer. The unavailable printer issue could be a software issue and it can be fixed in a straight-forward manner. However before changing settings of services in the software, you should check the hardware. In this article we will take you through each of these steps.
If the printers are connected correctly, the RPC server problem
can be solved in two different ways. It is possible to manipulate the Printer Spooler service
as well as of the RPC to fix the issue. Follow the steps below carefully, to solve the unavailable RPC server error
and start printing documents.
- Open Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services
- Select "Print Spooler"
- If it is listed as "paused", start it by double-clicking on "Print Spooler" and then click the "Start" button
- Verify that the "startup type" is set to "automatic"
Image: © 123RF.com
- Click on Run in the Start menu and type:
- In the list, find "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)"
- Clicking the right mouse button and choose "Properties"
- Go to the tab "Recovery", and then sequentially in First Failure, Second Failure, etc. and select "Restart Service"
- Validate the change by clicking OK