If you are having problems with hearing sound in your Acer Aspire 4920 laptop (this fix should work for other Acer Aspire devices), follow the steps below.
How To Fix Acer Aspire Sound Issues
Go to Control Pannel
- Click on Hardware and Sound
- Click on Sound
- Then your devices should come up; speakers, Digital Audio, and headphones
- Plug in your headphones and then select headphones
- At the bottom it will say set as default, select this.
- Then when you disconnect your headphones it automatically switches to the speakers and when you plug them back in it will automatically switch to headphones!