In Windows, the Safely Remove Hardware tray icon is visible by default. If you have accidentally hidden it, or wish to reverse a conscious decision to get rid of it, this walkthrough may help you to restore it.
How To Restore the Safely Remove Hardware Tray Icon
- Right-click the notification area, then click Customize Notifications. Find Safely Remove Hardware in the list that appears, and choose Always show.
- Go to the Control Panel > Add/Remove Hardware > Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Double-click Networking Services in the list, and uncheck the box next to UPnP User Interface. Click OK to save your changes.
- If you are still having problems, go to My Computer > Manage > Services and Applications > Services.
- Search the list for the Plug and Play entry, and double-click it when you locate it.
- The Properties window should appear. Set the Startup Type to Automatic.
- Click OK, and restart your PC.
Image: © snig - Shutterstock.com
- Fix safely remove hardware icon missing in windows 7
- Safely remove hardware icon missing windows 7 - Best answers
- Windows 7 safely remove hardware icon missing - Best answers
- Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows - Guide
- Snipping Tool Icon Missing in Windows - How-To - Windows 7
- How to remove write protection from usb windows 7 - Guide
- How to remove f1 at startup in windows 7 - Guide
- Same icon problem in windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Software