In this article we will explain how to add CMYK support to the GIMP graphics editor.
Add CMYK Support to GIMP
You'll need to add the Adobe ICC Profiles to Gimp. The procedure is as follows:
- Download Adobe ICC Profiles
- Unzip the file and you will get the Adobe ICC Profiles folder containing two subfolders: RGB Profiles and CMYK Profiles
- Rename the folder ColourProfiles and copy it to C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\.
- Then in each of the sub-folders, right-click the color profiles of your choice and install them.
Install the Seperate + plug-in:
- Download and install the Seperate + plug-in.
- Unzip the file
- Copy the Separate.exe file to C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\
Image: ©Glenn Carstens - Unsplash.com