Learn how create a shortcut desktop shortcuts to access your apps (downloaded from the Windows Store) in Windows 8.1:
You can create shortcuts from the Start Screen, the File Explorer or directly from the desktop of Windows 8.1.
From the Start Screen:
Using the File explorer:
- Type the name of the app
- Right-click on the app tile and select "Open File Location" .
- Copy/paste the app shortcut on your desktop.
From your desktop:
- Press "Windows + E" to open the File explorer.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ Programs .
- Select and copy the shortcut of your choice.
- Paste it on your desktop
- Right-click on a clear area of the desktop > New > Shortcut.
- Click the "Browse" button and select the application of your choice.
- Give it a name and click OK.
Published by jak58
Latest update on April 20, 2015 at 06:03 PM by Ambucias.