In this article we will show you how to create desktop shortcuts to access your apps (downloaded from the Windows Store) in Windows 8.1.You can create shortcuts from the Start Screen, the File Explorer or directly from the desktop of Windows 8.1.
Create Desktop Shortcuts to Access Your Apps
From the Start Screen:
- Type the name of the app
- Right-click on the app tile and select "Open File Location" .
- Copy/paste the app shortcut on your desktop.
Using the File explorer:
- Press "Windows + E" to open the File explorer.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ Programs .
- Select and copy the shortcut of your choice.
- Paste it on your desktop
From your desktop:
- Right-click on a clear area of the desktop > New > Shortcut.
- Click the "Browse" button and select the application of your choice.
- Give it a name and click OK.
Image: © Google
- How to put apps on desktop
- How to put apps in desktop - Best answers
- How to add apps to desktop - Best answers
- Google apps for desktop - How-To - Google Chrome
- Instagram app for desktop - Guide
- App vs Desktop ✓ - Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Shazam desktop app - How-To - Web
- BlackBerry Desktop Software - Updating your apps - How-To - Blackberry