Counter Strike Global Offensive is available to play through Steam, which allows you to play multiplayer games online, as well as single-player games offline. As you will notice, there's no option provided to launch LAN games. In this article, you will learn how to play Counter Strike Global Offensive in LAN mode via the console.
Counter Strike Global Offensive: Play a LAN Game
Before you begin, please ensure that Counter Strike Global Offensive is already installed on all computers involved. The computers must be connected to the same network, and the game should be set to go through the Windows firewall.
You can reconfigure your firewall settings by going to the Control Panel > Firewall and selecting Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.
Launch Counter Strike Global Offensive and click Options > Game Settings > Enable the Developer Console.
On the computer you'd like to use as a LAN server, click Play > Offline with bots. Next, launch a game, open the console, and type the following command:
Your server is now ready. You can retrieve its IP address (which will allow the other players to connect to it) by typing in the status command and looking for a line similar to udp/ip : 192.168.0.103:27015.
You can define the number of bots with the following command:
Next, on the client computer, open Counter Strike Global Offensive and open the console from the main menu. Then type the following, replacing the x's with the IP address of the LAN server:
- Csgo lan
- Cs go lan - Best answers
- Cs go lan server - Best answers
- Counter strike 1.6 online play ✓ - Forum - Counter Strike
- How to Create Your Own Server for Counter Strike, Minecraft and Other Games - How-To - Games
- NO SPEAKING WHILE PLAYING COUNTER STRIKE ✓ - Forum - Counter Strike
- How to play counter strike 1.6 online with friends ✓ - Forum - Counter Strike
- Cache_tryalloc error counter strike ✓ - Forum - Counter Strike