PlayStation 3 - How to reset your controller
You might want to reset your PS3 wireless controller in the following situations:
- The controller is not working properly in games (but still allows you to navigate through the PS3 menu).
- Secondary controllers can't be paired or are not detected
- Red squares are being displayed on the screen, when pressing the PS3 (middle) button of the controller.
The reset procedure is as follows:.
- Turn off your PS3 and disconnect the controller
- The reset button is located at the back of the controller. You will need a paperclip to press it.
- Connect the controller to your PlayStation 3 using the USB cable.
- Press the PS button of the controller to boot your PS3.
- Sync the controller with the PS3.
This document, titled « PlayStation 3 - How to reset your controller », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM