There are certain situations in which you may need to reset your PS3 controller. Sometimes pairing with other controllers becomes impossible or the controller simply stops working properly. Below we've listed a reset procedure that should solve all possible problems.
PlayStation 3 - How to reset your controller
Situations where you might want to reset your controller:
- The controller is not working properly in games (but still allows you to navigate through the PS3 menu).
- Secondary controllers can't be paired or are not detected
- Red squares are being displayed on the screen, when pressing the PS3 (middle) button of the controller.
The reset procedure is as follows:
- Turn off your PS3 and disconnect the controller
- The reset button is located at the back of the controller. You will need a paperclip to press it.
- Connect the controller to your PlayStation 3 using the USB cable.
- Press the PS button of the controller to boot your PS3.
- Sync the controller with the PS3.
Image © Nikita Kostrykin - Unsplash.com