Upon updating your Warcraft 3, the following error message is displayed: "Registry error loading key Warcraft III\InstallPath
As the message indicates, the "InstallPath" (installation path) registry key can't be found.
- Open the registry editor
- Start> Run > type regedit> Ok
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
InstallPath, InstallPathX, Program and ProgramX keys
Note: If the keys listed below do not exist, you must create them by:
- Right click> New> String Value
- Under Warcraft III should find the following registry key: InstallPath.
- Right click> Edit.
- Set the path to the folder of Warcraft III folder: (default) C:\Program Files\Warcraft III
- If you have installed The Frozen Throne, you must repeat the operation for InstallPathX.
- Under Warcraft III should find the following registry key: Program.
- Right click> Edit
Set the path to Warcraft III.exe: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe
If you have installed The Frozen Throne, you must change the ProgramX key by putting the path to Frozen Throne.exe: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
should look like this (with Frozen throne installed):
Published by jak58
Latest update on February 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM by jak58.