Are you nostalgic for classic Flash games? We have very good news for you: it is possible to play them all on your PC with the Flashpoint app, which gives you access to no less than 38000 terrific games!
Originally developed by Macromedia
before being acquired by Adobe
, Flash technology had its glory years in the 2000s when most popular online games and apps relied on Flash to work. Today, for security reasons, among other things, Flash technology is about to be abandoned forever. Adobe announced in 2017 that it would stop supporting Flash at the end of 2020. Since then, all of the tech giants (Apple, Facebook, Google etc) and the main browsers (Chrome, Edhe, Firefox) have been gradually changing to newer formats such as HTML5 to replace Flash once and for all.
Before an important part of the history of the Internet disappears forever, various initiatives have been launched to try to preserve the classic video games that were created in Flash. The aim is to allow nostalgic people to continue playing the games on their PC, locally and free of charge. This is how you can do it too!
How to Install Flashpoint
The indie developer, BlueMaxima
, has compiled a catalogue of 38000 Flash games, accessible by installing the free Flashpoint software, compatible with all operating systems, starting with Windows 7.
1) Open your browser and go to the BlueMaxima page
2) Click the Download Flashpoint 7.1 link
to access the downloads section.
3) Now you can choose between the Flashpoint 7.1 Ultimate
version, which will install ALL Flash games on your PC (the file weighs 288 GB), or Flashpoint 7.1 Infinity
, a much lighter version (296 MB) that will allow you to later choose which games you want to download. We recommend the latter.
4) Click Download
. When the download is finished, unzip the .zip file.
5) Now enter the Launcher
folder and double click on the Flashpoint
file to run the app.
How to Find and Run a Flash Game?
6) Flashpoint will then offer you different options to access the games catalogue:
- In the top menu you can click Search and directly enter the name of the Flash game you want to find.
- In the Quick Start section you can click on the Hall of Fame link to access a selection of the best games.
- In the Extras section you will find a Favourites playlist, where you can curate your personal highlights.
- Or, if you want to explore the entire games catalogue, simply click Games on the top menu.
7) When you have found a game that interests you, double click on the game name to install it. Once the installation is finished, your game will be displayed in a separate window. It’s now time to play!