Recover Windows XP Administrative Password
- The first step to recovering your Windows XP password is to reboot your computer in Safe mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and repeatedly pressing F8 as the computer loads.
- Once in safe mode, click Start > Run. In the box that opens, type
. You will now have access to all user accounts, including that of the administrator.
- To reset the admin password, click the Admin user account, followed by Reset Password.
- Enter a new password into the New password field, then confirm it. Save your new password by clicking OK.
Image: © snig - Shutterstock.com
- Windows xp forgot password
- Windows xp administrator password - Best answers
- Forgot windows xp password - Best answers
- No xp pro disc and lost admin password ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Windows xp forgot password locked out ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Lost admin password for Windows XP ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Windows xp forgot admin password - Forum - Windows XP
- Forgot windows xp professional password - Forum - Windows XP
This document, titled « How To Recover Windows XP Admin Password », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).