Run as administrator on Windows 8.1
Some programs may require administrative rights to run properly on your computer. In this article we will show you how to launch a program in administrator mode on Windows 8.1.
How to run a program as an administrator?
From the Desktop:
- To launch a program as an administrator from the desktop:
- Right-click on the program's icon > Run as administrator:
Configure the application to run as administrator by default:
- Right-click on the program's icon > Properties
- Go to the Security tab and check "Run this program as an administrator"
From the command prompt:
- Click on the Windows icon at the lower left of the search and type in the search bar: command prompt
- The command prompt application will be displayed below the search bar
- Right-click on it and select: Run as administrator
- Launch the program you want from the console
any more questions about windows 8? check out our forum!