Excel Forum - solved topics

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 401 - 450 of about 1,710
  • Solved
  • Search for a Keyword. Add Value from another cell. Solved/Closed

I'm looking for something that's very difficult to search for. I balance my checkbook in excel. Each row has a spot for Date/Comments/Withdrawl/Depos...

adam73647 | Latest reply: adam73647 Jan 3, 2017
    2 replies
  • A IF(istext) formula that needs a trimming, please help? Solved/Closed

Hello, Am really struggling with a IF(is text) formula, it works its just really large and I need to be able to trim it a bit as I need to replicate...

Bluntobject | Latest reply: TrowaD Jan 3, 2017
    1 reply
  • Worksheets into Workbook Solved/Closed

Dear All, I need to copy each worksheet into workbooks and saved in the specific path except 04 worksheets named NMS, MS, Master and Missing. Further...

Game Start Now | Latest reply: Game Start Now Jan 2, 2017
    2 replies
  • Text from two different cells to give value shown in certain cel Solved/Closed

Hello,, I'm trying to solve a problem I have with a list of values and text. I have a schedule of with names I will get two values in different cel...

fgadmin | Latest reply: fgadim Jan 2, 2017
    4 replies
  • Conditional Formatting for Word and Date Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to make a cell turn a different color depending on if another cell has a word in it and if the date of a third cell is between tw...

Tiffanypoche | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Jan 1, 2017
    3 replies
  • Auto copy and paste cell range to a separate sheet Solved/Closed

Hello, I am new to VBA/Macro with excel, but I want my code to automatically copy a range of cells in the same row that a change is made in a particu...

bnoboa | Latest reply: bnoboa Dec 30, 2016
    4 replies
  • Need to create multiple tabs based on data in table Solved/Closed

Good Afternoon, I'm trying to find a way to automate a few things to save some time: -Use the data in an input tab to create multiple tabs/documents...

Kylana | Latest reply: vcoolio Dec 29, 2016
    6 replies
  • function in excel 2013 Solved/Closed

Hello Dear All. who I can do this function in excel 2013 If A2=AB return value from A1 cell , if A2 = CD return from A3 cell value Configuration: W...

Saber Elajam | Latest reply: yg_be Dec 24, 2016
    1 reply
  • Cell format - COUNTIF then subtract from another cell Solved/Closed

Hi, I have a spreadsheet with holidays on. I'm using =COUNTIF(D16:D380,"H") I want to then subtract this number from another cell - What do I need ...

kieferschild | Latest reply: ac3mark Dec 20, 2016
    5 replies
  • If/Then Formula Help Solved/Closed

Hello, I could use some help on the formula below. I need cells in one column (Y) to show specific text ("SEND") if cells in another column (G) has ...

MrJags | Latest reply: MrJags Dec 16, 2016
    2 replies
  • date format Solved/Closed

Hello, i am trying to create a report which will show me the first date and last date of the previous month. I need first date in one field and seco...

deakin1980 | Latest reply: deakin1980 Dec 14, 2016
    2 replies
  • EXCEL 2013 :Searching for text and display a different value. Solved/Closed

I am fairly new at this, but I work in excel files that are extracted from out problem management system. I created a formula that will look for a key...

ka4harley | Latest reply: ka4harley Dec 13, 2016
    0 replies
  • Building a new spreadsheet using information from another Solved/Closed

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and VBA and would like to thank you in advance for your assistance. I have received a spreadsheet that contains...

wtmayoza | Latest reply: wtmayoza Dec 13, 2016
    4 replies
  • Run macro automatically Solved/Closed

Hello, I wrote a macro and I want to run it automatically if one special cell change but have problem, because contents cell change by formula in oth...

mkg | Latest reply: Guest Dec 8, 2016
    4 replies
  • Macro copy and paste in next blank cell Solved/Closed

Hi guys, I need some helping in excel macro. I have two sheets in a workbook. Sheet1 is for summary and Sheet2 is for the raw data. I need to update/...

fhernnet | Latest reply: pratheepM7 Dec 6, 2016
    10 replies
  • automatically copy the values from the active row from sheet Solved/Closed

Hello, Struggling already for a couple of days.... so a help would be more than welcomed Need to write a macro in Excel which would: automaticall...

BeanP | Latest reply: vcoolio Dec 4, 2016
    6 replies
  • Macro to copy entire row to next workbook Solved/Closed

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 50.0 I have the following macro to copy entire row when the column has a capital X. I would like...

jymie | Latest reply: ac3mark Dec 1, 2016
    10 replies
  • A and B column query to provide Sum of column C Solved/Closed

Hello and thank you for your help. Please use this scenario for reference: - A B C 1 abc x 1 2 abc y 2...

Rian Crabtree | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 29, 2016
    1 reply
  • search, find & display Solved/Closed

Hello, I have been manually filling out the week no's, in a budget sheet, but want to try and auto populate. I have a table with dates and Week No...

noob | Latest reply: learningenquirer Nov 29, 2016
    5 replies
  • Change cell color based on another column Solved/Closed

Hi All, I am not very good at excel, however I am looking for a solution for the following problem. There are two columns (Column A and Column B...

ritzutak | Latest reply: Ambucias Nov 24, 2016
    5 replies
  • Best resources to learn about PowerPivot? Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm expected to use PowerPivot extensively - meaning with complex data models. What would you recommand for a newbie who wants to learn?

GiantCheck | Latest reply: GiantCheck Nov 24, 2016
    0 replies
  • How To Make an Excel Sheet Equal to Another Solved/Closed

Hi, I'm new in Excel, and what I'm trying to do is this: I want to make an entire sheet equal to another, except for one cell, so if I change somethi...

AML | Latest reply: Mark Han Nov 22, 2016
    5 replies
  • Copy paste Rename based on cell value Solved/Closed

Hello I have a worksheet named template. I need a VBA code which would copy "template" automatically into a new worksheet and rename the new wor...

Josephnb | Latest reply: Josephnb Nov 21, 2016
    7 replies
  • Searching for values and creating a list Solved/Closed

Hi there, I hope you can help me, so far I have managed to create a formula which searches a range of data (SKU’s) and returns a count of the occurr...

kswing | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 18, 2016
    7 replies
  • how to find value from a column with unique random values Solved/Closed

Hello, I need a formula that can get me a value from a column that has unique values and return another cell from that row, can someone help me? e...

student123456 | Latest reply: student123456 Nov 13, 2016
    4 replies
  • Auto Generate workwheet from a list and from a template workshee Solved/Closed

Hello All, At the moment, I found out how to auto generate worksheet from a list. However, the generated ones are blank worksheets. May I ask ho...

vera_712 | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 10, 2016
    6 replies
  • Excel - A macro to rename existing worksheets based on a list Solved/Closed

I have a P.O. spreadsheet with a summary page. Every year we need to create a new file but I would like to create a template that would just renumber ...

GingerT | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 10, 2016
    4 replies
  • Inserting image in a particular cell in VBA Solved/Closed

Hello All, I wanna insert an image into the Activecell but the image is getting inserted into the same default area. Kindly help me regarding this...

adikademani | Latest reply: AdiK Nov 9, 2016
    6 replies
  • IF statements with dates and criteria Solved/Closed

Hello, I needs assistance with "If "statements and criteria within the statement . Column A has a set of start dates Column B has a set of En...

jimbabama | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Nov 8, 2016
    3 replies
  • duplicate values in multiple columns Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm looking for a formula for a case mentioned below: Consider we have values in three columns I need to find a formula which compar...

M3TM3T | Latest reply: M3TM3T Nov 5, 2016
    2 replies
  • Copy data of one sheet to other sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I want a VBA code or excel formula that automatic copy of data from one sheet to another sheets(either sheet 2 or sheet 3...etc)..suppose In ...

ganesh | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 5, 2016
    25 replies
  • Copying & pasting data in next available row in same worksheet. Solved/Closed

Hello, I would really like assistance to write a vba code for a macro (using a drop down list) that copies data from A4:E4 and pastes it down in t...

MattW | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 3, 2016
    15 replies
  • Value from matrix table Solved/Closed

Trying to get rate in G14 that comes from the matrix E14 is a list of A3:A10 F14 is a list of B2:J2

Vinn1e | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Nov 2, 2016
    1 reply
  • two tables values with diffrent order and number of values Solved/Closed

Hello, I have 2 tables of products (diffrent number of products). 1st table contains: all products (name, SKU): NAME | SKU asd.........21398763 ...

Edendolevberti | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Nov 1, 2016
    3 replies
  • calculate my Service Expense as % Solved/Closed

Hello, I would appreciate if someone can help me with this problem solving question. I would like to know how to calculate my Service Expense as % ...

Sandy | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Oct 28, 2016
    1 reply
  • Error "Range of object Global failed" Solved/Closed

Hello Everyone, Kindly check my code for mistakes. I am getting an error in this part of my code as "range of Object _Global failed". Dim feat...

adikademani | Latest reply: adikademani Oct 27, 2016
    2 replies
  • Excel- if this, than return that? Solved/Closed

Background: I work for a Recruiting Group & we have a list of candidates in Excel with all mailing info, including the County they live in. I need to...

Happy Adminy | Latest reply: HappyAdminy Oct 27, 2016
    2 replies
  • Trying to concatenate a letter with a date Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to keep a date in a recognisable format and precede it with a character. e.g. I want "D" and 27 July 2015 to appear as D 27 J...

GBW | Latest reply: GBW Oct 27, 2016
    1 reply
  • Insert Picture in Excel macro, after crop it, save it to a file Solved/Closed

Hello friends, I need to open a macro, after place the name in A1 cell, push a button to insert a picture, base on A1 name, then, after crop it and re...

juancarlosmm | Latest reply: juancarlosmm Oct 25, 2016
    1 reply
  • Find words within cell & put text and color in adjacent cell Solved/Closed

Hi there, i'm trying to search for certain word(s) (i.e. "reply??" or "remind") in a cell with a sentence in it, and place a specific text on a diffe...

EST | Latest reply: fazal1 Oct 22, 2016
    11 replies
  • Macros: Copy Invoice Details From One Sheet to Another Solved/Closed

Would be very grateful for help with this one I have set up a macro that will print and generate the next reference for my invoices raised in excel, ...

Jenny | Latest reply: vcoolio Oct 20, 2016
    6 replies
  • Calculation of positions in excel Solved/Closed

Hello Hello, sir/madam...i am doing some work with the students result in excel...but I faced a problem..it is simple but I havn't got dat in my mind...

Mohsin | Latest reply: Dausayi Oct 12, 2016
    12 replies
  • Excel Macro's copy data from one sheet to another Solved/Closed

Hey Everyone ok, so, I have a document with multiple sheets one of the sheets is a reporting sheet what i am trying to accomplish with not much l...

Carolusclen | Latest reply: vcoolio Oct 12, 2016
    13 replies
  • Get a value from Col A based on the max value found in Col B Solved/Closed

Hello, Get a value from Column A based on the max value found in Column B display in Column C. I need to get value Jill in Column C. Name A...

Mani | Latest reply: Mani Oct 9, 2016
    2 replies
  • Comparing dates in multiple columns and using one that matches Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a table with multiple columns of date values and need to check whether a date in a certain column is less than that date and depende...

Stovvy | Latest reply: Stovvy Oct 7, 2016
    2 replies
  • Macro to insert a number into cell A11 for 180+ excel files? Solved/Closed

I used the macro below to merge a bunch of files but it cut off the last row of data. It looks for the first A cell with nothing in it to end it and t...

Jax | Latest reply: Jax Oct 6, 2016
    0 replies
  • Create & name worksheets from a list and copy data Solved/Closed

Hi Guys Really new to this and thanks to previous posts on here I have managed to create code to complete the first part of my jigsaw, just struggl...

RachJol | Latest reply: TrowaD Oct 6, 2016
    6 replies
  • Formula Question: "IF" function with date Solved/Closed

I am attempting to create a formula that will enter "Yes" into cell P1 if: the date in Cell E1 is before 07/31/16 AND the date in cell B1 is after 07/...

Kim | Latest reply: Kim Sep 22, 2016
    2 replies
  • Highlight cells with Text that match data validation menu Solved/Closed

I see several similar questions on the forum but not quite the same and the answers don't seem to extend to my situation. I have an Excel sheet tha...

Gamul1 | Latest reply: Gamul1 Sep 22, 2016
    1 reply
  • macro to create new workbook and copy data Solved/Closed

Hello I am looking for macro to copy rows based on partial cell content of a column. I have an excel spreadsheet called "arc.xlsx" from which I wou...

sujith | Latest reply: Rthmanden Sep 12, 2016
    26 replies