The discussions

Excel formula

Solved

hello, hope you can help! working on an excel spreadsheet and require a formula: If cell a > 0 then cell b should equal the value in cell c thanks ...

4 replies Last reply on 27 Mar 2015 by
Nic

Code visual basic

Solved

Hello, I've been unable to copy data from one sheet to another, based on selecting multiple criteria. I've been able to use the string below t...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Mar 2015 by
mcculloch1dj

Excel formula display in cell

Solved

Hello, Apologize if the question is too stupid. In cell A4, it contains a formula =Sum(A1:B3)+A3/B2. How to display the formula in cell A6 for this...

6 replies Last reply on 25 Mar 2015 by
rc

Some cell date could not change

Solved

Hello, I was having the same problem and this solution worked But Some cell Date Could not change Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 36.0

1 reply Last reply on 24 Mar 2015 by
TrowaD

Comparing data in 3 columns on a microsoft excel spreadsheet

Solved

Would be really grateful for some help. I have 3 columns of different lengths with email addresses in them and I want to see all instances where th...

2 replies Last reply on 23 Mar 2015 by
daniz39

Excel 2013 formula - maybe if formula?

Solved

I have a list of names in Excel and I need to put their supervisor name in the cell to the right of each name. I would like to find a formula that wi...

2 replies Last reply on 23 Mar 2015 by
Cookie5

Wordnum help needed

Solved

Hello, I hope somebody can help. I use WordNum to spell the result of a formula and it gives me 4 digits (spelled) after the point. I need just ...

7 replies Last reply on 19 Mar 2015 by
TrowaD

Cell format

Solved

Hi Guys, I'm new here, I have a very limited knowledge about excel. My superior has asked me to do some sort of Advanced Cell Formatting in our per...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Mar 2015 by
MaxStart

Text-to-text equals number

Solved

Hi.. I'm looking for a solution for a dilemma I'm in.. On sheet 1 I have a dropdown box in cell A1 and B1 is an emtpy cell. On sheet 2 I have the...

5 replies Last reply on 17 Mar 2015 by
kriswiberg

Formula, blank cell

Solved

Sorry in advance if this has been asked but I can't see anything. Excel 2010 I have a cell that will contain a date then the next adjacent cell the...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Mar 2015 by
MaxStart

Convert date into words(english) in excel 2003, 2007 or 2010

Solved

Hello i want to know how to convert date into words(english) in excel 2003, 2007 or 2010 for eg. 22.04.2010 - convert it into Twenty Second April T...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Mar 2015 by
MaxStart

Conditional formating is applied based on date in two cells

Solved

Hi everyone I'm using Excel 2010 and applying conditional formating on dates in Column E. I don't want the formatting to be applied if there is the f...

6 replies Last reply on 16 Mar 2015 by
TrowaD

Excel - help please! drop down and data filling

Solved

Good morning/afternoon. I was hoping you would be able to assist me with a query please. Currently my team is using 2 spreadsheets, one that li...

4 replies Last reply on 13 Mar 2015 by
CatherineGPR

Trying to have the current date go into one cell (a1)

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to have the current date go into one cell (A1) when an order number is entered in another cell (A2) but don't want the date to aut...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Mar 2015 by
dbmich

A strange range question ...

Solved

Hi guys Im back with a new twist on one of my old problems. I had help earlier and one of you kind people hellped me out with a solution (thanks ag...

8 replies Last reply on 11 Mar 2015 by
BrianGreen

Adding a loop to macro to insert pictures

Solved

Hello, Could someone please help me in writing a loop in this macro in excel : I have an excel sheet where it contains the name of the pictures in c...

7 replies Last reply on 5 Mar 2015 by
M_TheJax

Change calculated to a hard date

Solved

I used a +1 formula to create dates in column A. Now I want to make these "hard" dates so they don't keep changing every time I add a row. Thank you...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Mar 2015 by
Ritabook

Transferring numbers to new worksheet automatically

Solved

Hello, I'm making a spreadsheet showing weekly costs. I've set it up so that each worksheet is a week, with totals using =SUM. I want to transfer th...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Feb 2015 by
tresi

Macro to create tabs and populate from other worksheets

Solved

I already posted this on the programming forum but have not had any responses as yet so I am trying here as it may be more appropriate. Current Set...

4 replies Last reply on 26 Feb 2015 by
Nickname

How to transfer lines of txt from one sheet to another sheet?

Solved

Hello, I have an excel file that has 2 sheets of relevant information that I need excel to logically determine line up and from there automaticly ...

6 replies Last reply on 24 Feb 2015 by
Mike

Repair excel files.

Solved

Hello Experts, My problem is as follow: We're reinstall an Laptop With Windows 7, but the user does not back up a folder, This folder contained ...

3 replies Last reply on 22 Feb 2015 by
pearsonjoseph301

How to remove image with vb?

Solved

Hello, I have everything working but removing the image before saving. The code is not working and not even sure where to place it. (using excel...

6 replies Last reply on 20 Feb 2015 by
vcoolio

Conditional formatting based on another cell; apply to rows

Solved

Hello, I have two columns. Column A is for expiration dates, and Column B has a drop down menu indicating the status of an request (eg, pending, a...

2 replies Last reply on 20 Feb 2015 by
radiofriendlybox

Need help with date and if statement newbie

Solved

Hello, I am trying to work out a formula if possible, to determine a date based on a date in another cell. So if the Date in Cell A is 3/1/2015,...

5 replies Last reply on 20 Feb 2015 by
cmarzahn

How to replace * with / in all formulas in an excel sheet

Solved

hi Guys, does anyone of you know please how to replace the multiply sign with a divide sign in all of the formulas in an excel sheet? I could not f...

4 replies Last reply on 18 Feb 2015 by
DG83

Time calculation (timexnumber)

Solved

Hello, i want calculate the salary of workers like the following example. worker No.1 salary/hour 1$ working hours this week 3:45 (3 hou...

4 replies Last reply on 17 Feb 2015 by
ArashMan

Conditional formatting with range

Solved

Hello, I have a little bit of a problem, I want to mark a cell in a range that is equal to another cell in different range, I can't figure it out....

2 replies Last reply on 10 Feb 2015 by
MindTwister

If/or formula

Solved

Help please I need to look up a cell and if it =1 return 1, =2 return 0.6, =3 return 0.4, = 4 return 0.2, if >4 return 0.0 for example A B ...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Feb 2015 by
vcoolio

How to repeat a row 4 times, while increasing sequence

Solved

Hello all, I need help on the best way to repeat this 4 times, and then increase the number at the end. I need this: Column A AAA_BBB_0002135 ...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Feb 2015 by
OldCoder

Converting rows of data in notepad to columns

Solved

Hello, Needing help please. From a pdf data base supplied, I have copied the contents over onto notepad. The data within this notepad contains firs...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2015 by
Philgood_FR

Conditionally copy columns

Solved

Hello, I have a table with thousands of rows of text. Column B has errors in the data which I have fixed in column C (has many blank cells). I would l...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Feb 2015 by
GMHerbs

Change a range dynamically - vba script.

Solved

Hi everyone. I am stuck on a small problem with writing a Macro in Excel and would appreciate some help. I have the following script: For...

5 replies Last reply on 4 Feb 2015 by
BrianGreen

Removing false in excel

Solved

=IF(D5>=150000,D5*21/100,IF(D5>=100000,D5*15/100,IF(D5>=70000,D5*21/100,IF(D5>=50000,D5*7/1000)))) What,s wrong in this formula Please Help!

2 replies Last reply on 2 Feb 2015 by
umer007

Increment a cell value - conditions applied

Solved

Hello, I needed a formula to add a value to a cell when the cell next to it contains a value where that value is obtained by incrementing the value ...

2 replies Last reply on 1 Feb 2015 by
peweuk

Rating from parameter lookup

Solved

Hi.. I have some data that reference parameter to fill Rating in my excel sheet. The problem is those parameter are in Text Type. Here is the e...

11 replies Last reply on 30 Jan 2015 by
dxa02091

Nesting if() functions?

Solved

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Excel, so bear with me here. I'm making this spreadsheet to check if the payments of certain products are either la...

3 replies Last reply on 29 Jan 2015 by
pijaku

1 time data entry

Solved/Closed

Hello, is there any way that make a condition for a cell which don't let to any body change the cell after they enter the date. i mean when i enter...

14 replies Last reply on 23 Jan 2015 by
ArashMan

Due date reminder in excel to new sheet?

Solved

Hello, I Have a problem in this code =INDEX(Master!$B$3:Master!$B$1067,MATCH(TODAY()+30,Master!$H$3:Master!$H$1067,0)) HERE I HAVE COLUM...

5 replies Last reply on 22 Jan 2015 by
Babu546

Regarding pivot

Solved

Hi I am doing Pivot for multplie data . In the Value field ( bottom right ) , I need SUM as default instead of count . I have to drag multiple ...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Jan 2015 by
Karthikeyan1207

Find the first available (empty) cell on a worksheet.

Solved

As a newbee to VBA, my boss has given me an impossible task ... Basically I need to be able to enter one cell worth of data from one sheet of a wor...

19 replies Last reply on 21 Jan 2015 by
BrianGreen

Lookup problem.

Solved

I have a column of 20 dates in col. B spaced by 2 or 3 weeks, and a number beside each one in col. C. In cell C24 I need a formula that returns the v...

5 replies Last reply on 21 Jan 2015 by
Babu546

Copy paste data in same column for multiple time

Solved/Closed

Hello, i need following manipulation.... Data Before Column "A" 123456 123456 123456 123456 123456 ( After )Column "A" (After copy p...

5 replies Last reply on 21 Jan 2015 by
sree

Replacing duplicates

Solved/Closed

My Excel spreadsheet is set out as follows: A B C D E F 1 2 14 0 14 14 2 1 13 0 13 13 3 4 4 1 4 4 4 3 3 1 3 17 ...

38 replies Last reply on 20 Jan 2015 by
TrowaD

Excel - macro to highlight rows with duplicate values in a cell

Solved/Closed

Geetings, Kindly help us in creating a macro that highlight rows based on duplicate values in a cell [this cell may contain Alphabets, Numbers or ...

11 replies Last reply on 19 Jan 2015 by
TrowaD

If function with date in excel

Solved

Hi, hope someone can assit. I need to create a sheet where I must take the current date and add a fulle week or two weeks to the date by selecting an ...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Jan 2015 by
ace-82

Macro for copying data from different sheets

Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to copy data from different sheets to master sheet under the following criteria 1. Master sheet should be generated when ev...

23 replies Last reply on 16 Jan 2015 by
NK

Trying to sum a column that contains various text

Solved

I'm a novice when it comes to excel and I'm hoping someone can help me with a formula. I'm trying to give a value to various text in columns and then ...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Jan 2015 by
chris82675

Excel query urgent please.

Solved

Hello, I have the below data in sheet 1, where as in column A its the activity and column b its the name of person who has done it. and the names ...

11 replies Last reply on 15 Jan 2015 by
wasey

Compare two sheets based on a common id in both sheets in col a

Solved

Greetings Kioskea team, First of all, my heartiest congratulations and thank you to the great Kioskea team that who have a mine of excellent solut...

8 replies Last reply on 8 Jan 2015 by
Ajay Dwivedi

Percentage work

Solved

Hi all, Good day!! Need help in Excel formulas. I'm creating a workbook to counting a value in multi percentage and multi level. Here I at...

6 replies Last reply on 6 Jan 2015 by
RayH
Results 751 - 800 out of a total of 1,688