Taking pictures or recording videos with your phone can quickly overwhelm your device's storage capacity and cause low memory alerts. One solution to this problem is to transfer the photos and videos to your PC. This way, you can keep your valuable memories on your PC, gain space and speed up the processes on your mobile device. In this article, we show you the different ways you can connect your Android smartphone to your computer, either to send photos or transfer all kinds of documents to you
Connect via USB cable
Although it seems easy enough, sometimes it is not enough to connect one end of the cable that comes with your phone to the computer's USB. Many times we have to go into more complicated configurations of drivers, manufacturer's applications, etc. But let's take it one step at a time:
First of all, connect your Android phone to your PC using the USB cable. You will see a screen that says Upload files or Transfer files. Select the MTP or Media Transfer option.
By choosing that option your computer will create a folder where you can access your files.
If you're a Mac user, the system won't detect your smartphone on MTP but what you can do is to download the Android File Transfer. This is a simple tool created by Google that will allow you to manage your files.
You can download and install it from the official website by clicking here.
Connect using the manufacturer's own software
Most cell phone brands have their own software to manage the files you download to your computer. Here you can download the latest updates of these software:
- For Samsung cell phones click here.
- For Sony phones click here.
- For Xiaomi smartphones, click here.
- For LG phones, click here.
- For Huawei phones, click here.
Connect Via WiFi
The best way to transfer files without using cables is via WiFi, using the AirDroid application. You can download it for free by clicking here.
- How to connect android phone to windows 10
- Use Android as a drawing pad for PC > Guide
- How to connect mobile internet in my window xp pc > Forum - Mobile
- How to connect controller to pc gta 5 > Guide
- How to connect iphone to pc for internet > Guide
- KingoRoot > Télécharger
- Secret codes for Android phones
- Android IP address: check, changer
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Show hidden files on Android
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Manage and organize apps on Android
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- Disable in-app purchases (Android)
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage
- How to turn off Android music player
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- How to Enable the Equalizer on VLC For Android
- Use AirPods with an Android phone
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- Update the Google Play Store app
- Display contact number list: with name
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- How to update Android auto
- Disable images in Chrome Android: 2020, 2019
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- Download videos from websites: Chrome, iPhone, app
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- Enable content filtering on the Google Play Store
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- Popup reminder on Android
- How To Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy
- Clear system cache on Android
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- Reset Sony Xperia: to factory settings, hard reset
- XAPK file: installer, means, format
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- Android emulators for PC
- Turn Off Autocorrect on Android
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- Block camera and microphone on google chrome: Android
- Add subtitles to video: Android, free
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- How to hide apps on Android
- How to get GPS location on Android
- How to install APK files on Android
- How to update apps on Android automatically
- Deactivate Safe Mode Android
- How to delete all tags in Shazam: Android
- How to block ads on Android