Taking pictures or recording videos with your phone can quickly overwhelm your device's storage capacity and cause low memory alerts. One solution to this problem is to transfer the photos and videos to your PC. This way, you can keep your valuable memories on your PC, gain space, and speed up the processes on your mobile device. In this article, we show you the different ways you can connect your Android smartphone to your computer.
Connect via USB cable
Although it seems easy enough, sometimes it is not enough to connect one end of the cable that comes with your phone to the computer's USB. Many times we have to go into more complicated configurations of drivers, manufacturer's applications, etc. But let's take it one step at a time:
First of all, connect your Android phone to your PC using the USB cable. You will see a screen that says Upload files or Transfer files. Select the MTP or Media Transfer option.
By choosing that option your computer will create a folder where you can access your files.
If you're a Mac user, the system won't detect your smartphone on MTP but what you can do is to download the Android File Transfer. This is a simple tool created by Google that will allow you to manage your files.
You can download and install it from the official website by clicking here.
Connect using the manufacturer's own software
Most cell phone brands have their own software to manage the files you download to your computer. Here you can download the latest updates of these software:
- For Samsung cell phones click here.
- For Sony phones click here.
- For Xiaomi smartphones, click here.
- For LG phones, click here.
- For Huawei phones, click here.
Connect Via WiFi
The best way to transfer files without using cables is via WiFi, using the AirDroid application. You can download it for free by clicking here.
- How to connect your android to your computer
- How to connect android phone to windows 10 via usb
- Access android phone from pc
- Use Android as a drawing pad for PC > Guide
- How to connect mobile internet in my window xp pc > Forum - Mobile
- How to connect ps4 to pc > Guide
- How to connect iphone to pc for internet > Guide
- Connect controller to PC: bluetooth, wireless, PS4 > Guide
- Secret codes for Android phones
- Android IP address: check, changer
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- Show hidden files on Android
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- How to update apps on Android automatically
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Display contact number list: with name
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- Connect AirPods with an Android phone: use, configure
- Manage and organize apps on Android
- Disable in-app purchases: Android
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage
- How to turn off Android music player
- How to Enable the Equalizer on VLC For Android
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- Download videos from websites: Chrome, iPhone, app
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- Disable images in Chrome Android: 2020, 2019
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to install APK files on Android
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- Update the Google Play Store app
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- Enable content filtering on Google Play Store
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- Clear system cache on Android
- How to update Android auto
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- How to delete all tags in Shazam on Android?
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- XAPK file: installer, means, format
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- Android emulators for PC
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- How to hide apps on Android
- Add subtitles to a video on Android for free
- How To Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy
- How to unlock Android without internet
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- How to display popup reminders on Android?
- How to get GPS location on Android
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- How to block ads on Android
- Turn off Autocorrect on Android
- How to deactivate Safe Mode on Android
- Remote TV apps for Android
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- How to move apps to a memory card?
- Android is starting optimising app 1 of 1: how to fix