How to reset Firefox to default settings
Firefox is not responding or is experiencing random crashes? You have tried to launch your browser without add-ons but the problem still remains?
Here's how to reset Firefox (tested on the latest version of Firefox- 33.1)
- Click on the Menu button > Help.
- Click on Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Click on Restart.
- In the menu that opens, click on Reset Firefox.
- Follow the onscreen procedure:
For the other versions of FIrefox:
- Click on Start > Run
- Enter the following command: firefox -safe-mode
Windows 7 and Vista:
- Click on Start and in the Search field enter the following command:
- firefox.exe -safe-mode
- Open Terminal and type:
- /path/to/firefox/firefox -safe-mode
- Open a terminal and type the below command:
- /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox -safe-mode
In the same category
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by deri58
. - Latest update by jak58