If you have a Facebook profile you've probably already wondered who exactly is looking at your profile? But is it actually possible to know that? In this article, we discuss everything about the matter, so read on!
How to find out who is viewing my profile?
The short and somewhat disappointing answer is that Facebook - unlike other social networks (Linkedin, IG stories, etc) - does not give you access to this information. Despite the fact that Facebook accumulates a lot of info about you (your hobbies, likes and dislikes, contact info, friends, and more), they will not provide this data for a simple reason: people would stop using the platform if they knew who had been snooping around their profile ‘investigating’ them. Wouldn’t you?
Can other applications tell me who has viewed my profile?
Sorry to disappoint, but again the answer here is no. Facebook has covered all its bases and taken special care to make sure that third-party apps do not share this valuable information. If you do have access to this data via an external app, it almost certainly hides malware. Most of these malicious programs collect your data to send you personalized advertisements, but there are others, that can steal highly sensitive information, such as your bank details.
What Quiente hides and how to eliminate it?
Quiente (also known as QSocial.net) is one of these dangerous apps that offered this kind of data to users. This online service (that has already disappeared), offered to provide information on who had visited your profile, deleted you from their friends' list, and viewed your photos. Facebook warned its users of the dangers that come with this kind of malware and advised everyone who had installed Quiente, to quickly delete it.
How to remove Quiente?
For the reasons mentioned above, we recommend that you immediately delete Quiente or any similar app of its kind. To do so, log on to your Facebook profile, click on the small inverted arrow and click on Settings. Select the Applications category and hover over the Quiente app (or equivalent) and click X.
It is worth remembering, that Facebook has a specific section for reporting such scams.
What information can you see on Facebook?
Amongst the information the social platform does allow you to see, your interaction with friends and your own activity stand out.
How to view your history with a friend?
To discover and view your shared history with a friend on Facebook, enter their profile and click on the three-dot menu located beside the 'Send Message’ button. You should then select See Friendship. From here you can see photos in which you are tagged, messages shared on each other's walls, and other interactions.
How to view your activity history?
To see all of your activity history click on Activity Log, located on your cover photo. Here you will see a comprehensive list of your past activity on the platform including posts you liked, videos you shared, your posts, events you will attend, and the rest of your interactions.
Can't log into Facebook says that my password is wrong [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I am unable to log into my Facebook. It says that my password is wrong. I have tried resetting it many times and it never sends me the emai...
I can't open my Facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can log on I can see all the other features on my page but when I try to open my profile it says that it has an Error and that they are tryin...
Facebook Home page won't load [Solved/Closed]
I've seen other messags like mine, but I haven't been able to solve this problem... I have a desktop Emachines computer, and I'm using Windows XP. ...
I need the facebook in english [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I need the facebook in english. I went through the system given advices as well. But the problem is as I typ www.facebook.com, everything is ...
Not getting Facebook confirmation email [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I made my account on Yahoo mail as well as on Facebook, but I have not received the confirmation email in which the confirmation link is giv...
cannot connect to my facebook page [Solved/Closed]
Hello, Whenever I try to log onto my facebook page it doesnt work! After filling out my email and password, and press login, I always get an error me...
Facebook login in english [Solved]
Hello, i am based in the united arab emirates. when I go to the facebook login page it always shows the arabic version.i cannot read a word. how do ...
I can't access my facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't get into my facebook profile for the past few hour and this is making go CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY!!!!
Problem with confirmation code at Facebook [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't find the confirmation mail to get my code for log in at Facebook. System Configuration: Windows XP Internet
Facebook confirmation code [Solved/Closed]
Hello, what is my confirmation code?Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
- Nobody can view my facebook profile [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- I can't open my Facebook profile [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Can't See any Profile Page on Facebook > Forum - Facebook
- My friends cannot see my profile page on fb [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Issue loading facebook profile/notifications [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to turn off comments on Facebook
- How to turn off automatic translation on Facebook
- How to change your birthday on Facebook
- Reset Facebook password: without email and phone number
- How to download Facebook data: on mobile and on desktop
- Turn off Messenger chat heads: on iPhone and Android
- How to pin contacts on Facebook Messenger
- How to download Facebook videos
- Change the Facebook video quality settings
- Facebook group disabled: what to do?
- Send attachments: in Messenger and on Facebook
- How to connect to Facebook without entering your password
- How to turn off autoplay on Facebook
- Nearby Friends on Facebook: iPhone and Android app
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- Download audio from Messenger: on PC and mobile
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account