If you have a Facebook profile you've probably already wondered who exactly is looking at your profile? But is it actually possible to know that? In this article, we discuss everything about the matter, so read on!
How to find out who is viewing my profile?
The short and somewhat disappointing answer is that Facebook - unlike other social networks (Linkedin, IG stories, etc) - does not give you access to this information. Despite the fact that Facebook accumulates a lot of info about you (your hobbies, likes and dislikes, contact info, friends, and more), they will not provide this data for a simple reason: people would stop using the platform if they knew who had been snooping around their profile ‘investigating’ them. Wouldn’t you?
Can other applications tell me who has viewed my profile?
Sorry to disappoint, but again the answer here is no. Facebook has covered all its bases and taken special care to make sure that third-party apps do not share this valuable information. If you do have access to this data via an external app, it almost certainly hides malware. Most of these malicious programs collect your data to send you personalized advertisements, but there are others, that can steal highly sensitive information, such as your bank details.
What Quiente hides and how to eliminate it?
Quiente (also known as QSocial.net) is one of these dangerous apps that offered this kind of data to users. This online service (that has already disappeared), offered to provide information on who had visited your profile, deleted you from their friends' list, and viewed your photos. Facebook warned its users of the dangers that come with this kind of malware and advised everyone who had installed Quiente, to quickly delete it.
How to remove Quiente?
For the reasons mentioned above, we recommend that you immediately delete Quiente or any similar app of its kind. To do so, log on to your Facebook profile, click on the small inverted arrow and click on Settings. Select the Applications category and hover over the Quiente app (or equivalent) and click X.
It is worth remembering, that Facebook has a specific section for reporting such scams.
What information can you see on Facebook?
Amongst the information the social platform does allow you to see, your interaction with friends and your own activity stand out.
How to view your history with a friend?
To discover and view your shared history with a friend on Facebook, enter their profile and click on the three-dot menu located beside the 'Send Message’ button. You should then select See Friendship. From here you can see photos in which you are tagged, messages shared on each other's walls, and other interactions.
How to view your activity history?
To see all of your activity history click on Activity Log, located on your cover photo. Here you will see a comprehensive list of your past activity on the platform including posts you liked, videos you shared, your posts, events you will attend, and the rest of your interactions.
- Quiente.net facebook
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post > Guide
- Nobody can view my facebook profile [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- I can't open my Facebook profile [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- My friends cannot see my profile page on fb [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Can't See any Profile Page on Facebook > Forum - Facebook
- Recover disabled Facebook account: 2022, without email
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- Reset Facebook password: without email and phone number
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Facebook group disabled: what to do?
- Change the Facebook video quality settings
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- Nearby Friends on Facebook: iPhone and Android app
- How to get into a Facebook without the password
- How to download Facebook videos
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to add Facebook Messenger to home screen
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- What is b.static.ak.fbcdn.net on Facebook?
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- How to send a message to multiple users on Facebook
- How to add a Facebook Follow Us button to a website
- How to download Facebook data: on mobile and on desktop
- How to turn off comments on Facebook
- How to turn off automatic translation on Facebook
- How to share a post in a private message on Facebook
- Change Facebook language: in browser and on Android
- What is Meta Horizon Worlds?
- How to unblock friends on Facebook
- How to change your birthday on Facebook
- Ray-Ban Stories: Smart glasses, price, release date
- How to turn off autoplay on Facebook
- Update Facebook account to a new version: change modes
- How to delete a Facebook account
- Save pictures from Facebook Messenger: to computer, to phone
- How to stop sponsored ads on Facebook 2022
- Comment ranking on Facebook: how to turn it on
- How to add name pronunciation to Facebook
- Facebook Leak: data and security check
- How to turn off the Microphone on Facebook
- Voice and video calls on Facebook
- How to tell if someone blocked you on Facebook
- Facebook badges: how to manage them?
- Facebook Dating: review, activate, add info
- How to create and use polls on Facebook?
- How to change and reset Facebook password: mobile, computer
- How to block someone: Facebook
- How to leave a Facebook group
- Facebook Shops: create store, review, features
- Create a Facebook avatar: Android, desktop, iPhone
- How to upload contacts to Facebook: Android, iOS
- Appear offline on Facebook chat: via web browser, app
- How to use Facebook Marketplace: for business, limits, scams