You may have noticed that pressing the Enter key while composing on Skype automatically sends the message. Depending on your needs, It can be beneficial to know how to start a new line. Here we will explain everything you need to know to master that part of skype and ease your composing process.
Skype automatically sends a message when you hit the Enter key while composing. However, you can change the behavior by default and make it start a new line, and keep composing the same message.
You have several options depending on your needs:
- Press "Shift+Enter" instead of "Enter" when you want to start a new line.
- Change the action assigned to the Enter key by default:
- Open the Tools menu, click on Tools on the upper menu bar
- Open the Messaging menu, click on Messaging on the left panel of the Settings menu
- Look for the field named "Send message with Enter key", deactivate it if you want to start a new line when pressing Enter while composing