Have you just started using Skype app and would like to add your friends and colleagues to the contact list? No worries, it's easy. In this article, we will explain how to find and add new contacts to Skype.
How to sync your contacts?
The easiest way to find your friends on Skype is to Enable the synchronization of your contacts.
- To do so, open the Skype app and go to Settings > Contacts.
- In the upper-right corner checkmark, the tab Sync my contacts.
- You can refresh it if you added some new contacts after you synchronized it with Skype.
How to add contacts using the Search tab?
To find new friends to your contact list on Skype, open the app and click on Search tab – People, groups & messages. Type your friend’s actual name, Skype nickname, or email address and press Enter.
You will see a list of people with similar information. Select your friend and the conversation window will appear. You can send a message and this contact will be automatically added to your list.
Note: You will only be able to send up to 10 messages or images until your friend will accept your friend request.
How to invite a friend to Skype?
If you’d like to add a friend who is not yet registered on Skype, you can easily invite them. Just write your friend’s name in the Search tab, and if they are not registered, Skype will suggest you invite them, via email or link sharing.
Copy a link and send it to a friend on social networks, mobile phone, or email. After this, your friend will click on it, follow the registration procedure, and you will see them in your Skype contact list.
- Skype add contact
- Add friend on skype
- Find skype friends
- Why can't i add a contact to whatsapp > Guide
- How do i add a contact on messenger > Guide
- How to add Facebook Messenger to home screen > Guide
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android > Guide
- How to enter a new line in Skype > Guide
- View the location of my sent and received files in Skype
- Forgot Skype password/username: change, reset, recover
- Delete Skype account: permanently, temporarily
- Skype microphone not working: Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android
- Create a Skype account: in mobile phone, with Gmail
- How to make a group call on Skype
- Skype webcam not working: how can I fix my camera?
- Disable ads on Skype: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone
- Recover deleted Skype messages: iPhone, Mac, on Android
- How to share your screen on Skype: Mac, iPad, Mobile