Skype is a web-based chat program that allows you to video chat with your friends and family. Among the software's many features, participating in group calls is a popular option that makes it possible to talk to several of your loved ones at once. While initiating a normal Skype call is fairly straightforward, organising a group call is a bit less obvious. If you need help doing so, this tutorial will walk you through the steps.
How to start a group call on Skype?
- To create group call on Skype, you need to first log in to your Skype account on your PC, Laptop or mobile device.
- Once connected, you should see the New Chat button. Click on it, and there will be several options, for the various types of call you can make. Here you should select New Group Chat.
- In the next window you will be able to give your chat a name to make it easy to distinguish if you have multiple group chats planned.
- Once you have given your group a name you can begin to add contacts. You can either add existing contacts, or use the search bar to find new ones.
- Once you have finished adding people (up to 50), your group will be created will all of the added members in a sort of lobby, before you begin your group call. If you get to this stage and realise you have forgotten to add someone, it is not too late - you can still invite other users here.
How many people can participate in a Skype group call?
Skype has doubled the amount of people that can participate in a group chat or video to a maximum of 50 people per call. This allows Skype to compete with Facebook's Messenger Room (also 50) or Zoom's larger group sizes (100+).
You are now ready to go! For more Skype related content, find out some easy ways to improve your video calls. Also, here are some of the best alternative to Skype if you decide to try something different.
- Skype group call
- Group skype
- How to do a group call on skype
- Create skype account with gmail > Guide
- How to play games on skype > Guide
- Last seen days ago skype > Guide
- Does skype delete inactive accounts > Forum - Skype
- Time on Skype is wrong: change the time zone > Guide
- Active sessions on Skype: check, close remotely
- View the location of my sent and received files in Skype
- How to enter a new line in Skype
- Can you delete a sent message on Skype?
- Skype microphone not working: Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android
- View Skype snapshots folder: on Windows 10, Mac
- Delete Skype account: permanently, temporarily
- Skype answers incoming calls automatically: how to stop it
- Forgot Skype password/username: change, reset, recover
- How to disable emojis in Skype
- Hide IP address on Skype: browser, app
- Skype notifications: not working, mute, Windows 10
- How to hide Skype contacts from others
- Skype webcam not working: how can I fix my camera?
- Recover deleted Skype messages: iPhone, Mac, on Android
- Disable ads on Skype: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone
- Change your Skype display name: PC, cell phone
- Add new contacts in Skype: via email address, phone number
- How to delete chat logs for individual contacts in Skype?
- How to share your screen on Skype: Mac, iPad, Mobile