Skype is undoubtedly one of the most popular chat programs. In addition to free calls, you can send text messages and perform video calls. However, when you want to clear a specific conversation on Skype, you will notice that the only solution available in the interface is to clear the entire chat history. If you'd like to delete chat logs for individual contacts, follow the steps in this tutorial.
How to delete chat history for individual contacts?
Skype stores all text messages in a database file named main.db. This file is stored in the user profile of the logged user.
To access the content stored in the main.db file you need to download a special tool, such as SQLite Database Browser.
- Once you've downloaded the software, launch it. Click File > Open Database .
- Browse to find the main.db file (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Skype\Skype username). Open it, and go to the Browse Data tab.
- Click Table > Messages or Conversations.
- When deleting an entire conversation, refer to the Identity field, which displays the name of the contact. When deleting messages, refer to the body_xml field.
- Select an entry, and click the Delete Record button.
- How to delete steam messages
- Delete steam chat
- How to clear steam chat
- How to view your Steam purchase history > Guide
- How to delete multiple files on Mac > Guide
- How to recover deleted SMS from Nokia phones > Guide
- How to clear the Viber app history? > Guide
- Spam deleted Mail Recovery [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- Active sessions on Skype: check, close remotely
- View the location of my sent and received files in Skype
- Time on Skype is wrong: change the time zone
- Forgot Skype password/username: change, reset, recover
- Delete Skype account: permanently, temporarily
- Skype microphone not working: Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android
- Can you delete a sent message on Skype?
- How to disable emojis in Skype
- Create a Skype account: in mobile phone, with Gmail
- How to make a group call on Skype
- Change your Skype display name: PC, cell phone
- Skype webcam not working: how can I fix my camera?
- Disable ads on Skype: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone
- Recover deleted Skype messages: iPhone, Mac, on Android
- Add new contacts in Skype: via email address, phone number
- How to share your screen on Skype: Mac, iPad, Mobile