WhatsApp video calls have now been released in WhatsApp Desktop app, the desktop version of the application. In addition to individual calls, the tool, as in the original app, is also available for group calls. In this article, you can learn how easy it is to make a call or video conferences.
How to make audio or video calls in WhatsApp Desktop?
Just like conventional messaging in WhatsApp Desktop, making voice and video calls requires only that your smartphone is connected to the Internet, via Wi-Fi and mobile data. There is no need to perform any kind of manipulation with your phone when making or receiving calls on the web.
Access WhatsApp Desktop and open the conversation with the contact you want to call. In the top bar of the interface, next to the contact's name, click on the phone icon or the camera icon to start a voice or video call, respectively.
A small window will appear indicating the status of the conversation and offering buttons to stop the call or switch off the microphone:
In video conferences, a button to remove the video will also appear. Of course, you need to have a webcam installed on your computer in order to properly participate in video calls.
How to receive calls in WhatsApp Desktop?
When you receive an audio or video call, a window will appear on the WhatsApp Desktop screen with the name and photo of the contact. Click Accept to answer the call or Decline to decline the call. There is also the Ignore option where the window disappears and the sound is muted, but the call continues.
- WhatsApp Launches Desktop Apps
- Google desktop apps
- Shazam desktop app
- File format not supported whatsapp dual app > Forum - WhatsApp
- Pin a Facebook Messenger Chat to Your Home Screen
- How does WhatsApp's new policy impact users
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best WhatsApp alternative: app, 2021, for video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile