WhatsApp video calls have now been released in WhatsApp Desktop app, the desktop version of the application. In addition to individual calls, the tool, as in the original app, is also available for group calls. In this article, you can learn how easy it is to make a call or video conferences.
How to make audio or video calls in WhatsApp Desktop?
Just like conventional messaging in WhatsApp Desktop, making voice and video calls requires only that your smartphone is connected to the Internet, via Wi-Fi and mobile data. There is no need to perform any kind of manipulation with your phone when making or receiving calls on the web.
Access WhatsApp Desktop and open the conversation with the contact you want to call. In the top bar of the interface, next to the contact's name, click on the phone icon or the camera icon to start a voice or video call, respectively.
A small window will appear indicating the status of the conversation and offering buttons to stop the call or switch off the microphone:
In video conferences, a button to remove the video will also appear. Of course, you need to have a webcam installed on your computer in order to properly participate in video calls.
How to receive calls in WhatsApp Desktop?
When you receive an audio or video call, a window will appear on the WhatsApp Desktop screen with the name and photo of the contact. Click Accept to answer the call or Decline to decline the call. There is also the Ignore option where the window disappears and the sound is muted, but the call continues.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
- Whatsapp web video call
- How to upload clear images on Whatsapp status? > Forum - WhatsApp
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web > Guide
- Avatarify: Video Call Deepfakes
- How to change Snapchat camera orientation > Guide
- Joining a whatsapp call after "Missed group voice call" > Forum - WhatsApp
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: for one group, sound
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create Memoji WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, stickers
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, iPhone, on PC
- How to delete WhatsApp contact: not in address book, iPhone
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to protect WhatsApp: with Password, with Fingerprint
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp
- Send photos WhatsApp: iPhone, without compressing, Android
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, iPhone
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2021, privacy, video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone