Black Friday and Cyber Monday, celebrated respectively on the last Friday of November and the following Monday, are two days with some of the best deals of the year to buy all kinds of goods. Read on to discover what is the difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday and when it's better to buy your desired items with the best prices.
When are Black Friday and Cyber Monday in 2022?
Black Friday falls on 25 November, and Cyber Monday follows it and falls on Monday 28 November in 2022.
What are the origins of Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Black Friday appeared in the United States as early as in the 1960s. By this name, stores referred to the day after Thanksgiving, traditionally celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November: it was the day that kicked off the Christmas shopping campaign and stores took advantage of it to offer huge discounts to attract customers. We are talking about reductions of 40%, 50%... or even more! Over time, the term has become more widespread and the tradition has spread to many countries around the world.
As for Cyber Monday, it was actually a marketing strategy initiated in 2005 to encourage online purchases, when they were not as widespread as they are today. As a curiosity, it was introduced on the Monday following Black Friday and not, for example, on Saturday, because people preferred to shop from their office, where the Internet connection was faster than at home. Nowadays, companies take advantage of it to sell old stock.
Over time, the differences between one day and the next have become blurred, and there are now thousands of virtual stores offering products on Black Friday, as well as physical stores that apply maxi-discounts to all types of articles on Cyber Monday.
Which day is better for shopping: Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
Spoiler alert: Neither day is better than the other. It ultimately depends on your personal circumstances and what type of items you are looking to buy.
Black Friday, being the best-known date and the first of the two, is the one chosen by most companies to launch their offers en masse. On this day, you can find discounts on all types of articles in offline stores and online stores. Black Friday is also the day when the majority of companies offer their technology products, up to 85% more than on Cyber Monday. Furthermore, there are firms that only participate in Black Friday, as is the case with Apple.
The only disadvantage is that the products with the best prices fly off the metaphorical shelves, so if you're not fast enough you could be left with nothing: there are thousands of people waiting to buy the same as you!
As for Cyber Monday, it's the favorite day for many companies to get rid of all the stock they haven't already managed to sell. For this reason, reductions can be even greater than on Black Friday! Our recommendation is that you choose this day to buy "whims", those products that you could buy only if you find an incredible offer. Also keep in mind that, paradoxically, Cyber Monday is the day when you can find the best discounts on non-technological products, such as clothes, shoes or beauty products.
- Black friday vs cyber monday
- Apple cyber monday
- Apple early cyber monday
- Black Friday 2022 on Steam > Guide
- Samsung Reveals Black Friday Bargains
- Black Friday 2022 deals: Best Buy, Amazon, Apple > Guide
- Shop on Black Friday like a pro: advice on deals in 2022 > Guide
- Best deals for Black Friday at Walmart > Guide
- Smart medical gadgets for home
- Best phones for photography: 2022
- The best high-tech beauty gadgets
- Top iPhone accessories: 2022, gifts, for filming
- Top smart home gadgets of 2022
- Samsung Galaxy S22 or iPhone 13: Which one to buy?
- Amazon Prime Day 2: Prime Early Access Sale date, best deals
- The best wireless headphones: earbuds, earphones
- Best phone battery life (2022)
- Best tech gifts: for any budget
- Top wireless chargers: for Android, iPhone
- Best gadgets for working from home
- Best smart gadgets to exercise at home
- Sleeping gadgets: for adults, babies
- The best pet gadgets of 2022
- Best wireless controllers: for PC, Switch, Xbox, PlayStation
- Best budget gaming chairs (2022)
- DIY Christmas gifts: 2022, for family, coworkers, kids
- How to buy a refurbished iPhone: from Apple, Back market
- The best screen resolution: for gaming, for TV, for eyes