Right after Thanksgiving, Black Friday arrives on the fourth thursday of November, a perfect timing to acquire a wide variety of products for technology, fashion, home and more, all of this with significant discounts. This article will give you some advice so you can take the time to prepare and look into those articles you've been wanting to get.
Why you should beware of impulse buying?
It’s well known that good discounts are hard to resist and makes more than one of us lose our heads, but perhaps walking into Black Friday with an impulsive shopaholic mindset is not the best of ideas. We have a good tip to avoid losing track; simply make a list of the items you’ve been looking for or you need and compare which prices look the most attractive. Try to consider how much money you are willing (and able) to spend.And in the weeks leading up to it see if you can take on those extra expenses.
Are all discounts truly sale?
Due to a big demand during the year, star products are not offered with high discounts. For example: new mobile devices launched this year, premium televisions and other recently launched devices offer little to no discount, while others like video games and wearables can offer much higher discounts. For newly launched products, chances are that you’ll find a good promotion to pay on installments. On the other hand, beware: many items marked “on sale” during Black Friday have the same price or even higher than before! In order for you not to be scammed, take the time to look at the prices of the items that interest you beforehand. That way, when Black Friday arrives you will be able to see if the offer is really the optimal one for you, or if it’s just too good to be true.
Where to shop?
Consider the fact that on Black Friday, you can find offers almost everywhere. Compare between different stores before shopping for the item you are interested in. There is no agreement among experts on whether it is better to buy from physical or virtual stores, as both have their advantages and disadvantages. In physical stores, for example, you can try out or see the product in person; on the other hand, chances are you can't return it because it's a sales period, something that many online stores allow, as well as offering greater discounts on Black Friday (although it's considered that on Cyber Monday it's the physical stores that lower their prices the most). Taking in consideration the present situation, it is also a good advantage to take the shopping online to avoid crowds.
Remember that the guarantees must be the same as when it's not a sales period: you can return the products if they come with a factory defect, make sure that the guarantee of your product covers this aspect. Finally, try to make sure the stores you’re looking into offer refunds and keep them in mind for those items you are not sure you want to buy, this way you can give them back if you end up not convinced.
How to buy during Black Friday?
Which is better, to pay in cash, by credit card, debit card... Pay in installments or all at once? Again, it all depends on your financial situation and circumstances. Paying in cash in physical stores or paying with a debit card, both in real and virtual stores, has an undeniable advantage: you won't be able to spend what you don't have. If you are someone who makes compulsive purchases, you may want to consider signing up for one of these two methods to keep an eye on your budget.
On the other hand, there are specialists who recommend paying by credit card for a reason: if there is a problem with the transaction, your bank will be the one taking care of the bill. In the case where an online purchase does not arrive, the credit card company should take care of the refund. Although sometimes the process is not easy, you should keep in mind that this possibility exists.
And in case of using the credit card, what’s the best way to make the payment? The experts advise to use whenever possible the installments payment. That way, you will avoid excessive holes in your bank account and the associated interest you will have to pay for staying in the red, this is why it is important to know what items are a must and which can wait a bit more.
What is the trick for Black Friday shopping “veterans”?
- Pre register: As may you know, on Black Friday there are thousands of people sitting on the computer waiting to click and get the best discounts. If you do not want to lose time, create an account in advance in all the online stores of the brands where you want to make your purchases. That way you will save time and ensure the desired item. Save your passwords and make sure to remember them!
- Beware of frauds: Black Friday is a day especially conducive to the circulation of fraud with false discounts on social networks, especially on WhatsApp. Don't trust links that you receive and also beware of Facebook ads. When buying, it is best to go to the official page of the seller, or be redirected to it from any Social Media, make sure you’re not buying from a third party with little to no information.
- Take Screenshots: If the website you use to buy is not the one you usually use, make sure to take screenshots when you pay and keep the images of all the transactions. This way, if the product doesn't arrive at your house for whatever reason, you can prove to the bank that there was a problem and you'll have a much better chance of getting your money back. Keep the confirmation number of your purchases and the emails you receive from the websites.
- Bonus points: One last trick for experts. Some brands offer their buyers discounts on products they left in the basket but didn't finish purchasing. That's why you can start buying certain products once you've registered on the website and leave without completing the payment. It will remain in the shopping cart and the company may contact you after a few days offering you discounts on the product over the initial price. You don't lose anything by trying!
- Black friday shop
- Black Friday 2021 on Steam > Guide
- Samsung Reveals Black Friday Bargains
- Black Friday 2021 deals: Best Buy, Amazon, Apple > Guide
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday in 2021: when to buy? > Guide
- Best deals for Black Friday at Walmart > Guide
- Smart medical gadgets for home
- Best phones for photography: 2021, 2022
- The best high-tech beauty gadgets
- Top iPhone accessories: 2021, gifts, for filming
- Top smart home gadgets of 2022
- Samsung Galaxy S22 or iPhone 13: Which one to buy?
- The best wireless: earbuds, headphones, earphones
- Best tech gifts for Christmas: for any budget
- Wireless chargers: for Android, iPhone
- Best gadgets for working from home
- Online gifts: for coworkers, girlfriend, boyfriend
- Best smart gadgets to exercise at home
- DIY Christmas gifts: 2021, for family, coworkers, kids
- The best pet gadgets of 2022
- Sleeping gadgets: for adults, babies
- Best wireless controllers: for PC, Switch, Xbox, PlayStation