This article will show you how to update your Windows 10 to the latest version in this case known as 21H1, released on 18th May 2021.
What's new in the 21H1 version?
Among the standard changes provided by the Windows 10, May 2021 update is the correction of many known bugs, the renewal of some interface features, and improvements to accessibility features.
Microsoft has also announced multi-camera support for Windows Hello (for devices with multiple cameras).
- Windows Defender improvements, such as allowing admins to run apps separately for improved security.
- New widgets for the Windows 10 taskbar
- Windows Management Instrumentation Group Policy Service improvements.
- New Microsoft Edge Chromium support for kiosk mode.
- Improved startup times for apps with roaming settings
How to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version via the Windows update?
Click the Start button (the Windows logo), and then click the cogwheel icon. In the new window that opens, go to Update and Security. In the left column, select Windows Update, and then click Check for updates. Once the search is complete, two things may happen:
- The 21H1 update may appear, in which case you should click Download and install now and then restart your computer.
- The following message will appear, indicating that "the May 2021 update for Windows 10 is on its way". This means that some of the reported bugs in this update could cause problems on your computer, so it's best to wait until Microsoft has fixed them ( you can repeat this process in a few days to check).
How to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version from the Microsoft download page?
If you are impatient to have the new update, there are other methods to force the update (be sure to make a backup beforehand to avoid unnecessary risks). The easiest one is to access the Microsoft download portal, click on Update Now and follow the instructions on the installation wizard.
How to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version via the Media Creation Tool?
This method is similar to the previous one, so you will have to go to the Windows 10 download page again. Then click Download now and open the file MediaCreationTool2004.exe when the download is finished.
On the first screen click OK and on the second screen check the box Update this computer now and click Next. Follow the process and restart your computer when prompted.
I can't update Windows 10, what to do?
If you’re greeted by the message "This computer cannot be upgraded to Windows 10" after trying the above procedures, we advise you to give up for now and try again at a later date. Hopefully, Microsoft will have already fixed the issues that made this upgrade incompatible with your computer.
As a last resort, you can rerun the media creation tool and choose the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) option for another PC. Follow the instructions to create a bootable USB or burn the Windows 10 ISO image to a DVD and use that external drive to perform a clean OS installation. For more details, see "Using the installation media you created” in this article. We do not recommend that you do this unless you’re well acquainted with the process and even then, we cannot guarantee that it will work as Windows may have blocked this upgrade path for your PC.
- Windows 10 update
- Windows update
- Windows 10 upgrade
- How to stop windows 7 updates > Guide
- View update history: Windows 7 > Guide
- Asus smart gesture not working: after Windows 10 update > Guide
- Windows XP SP3 Service Pack > Download
- Toshiba Satellite mouse pad stopped working [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- PC restarting on its own: Windows 10, 11
- Where apps are stored on Windows 10?
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- How to turn on and use Wake on LAN on a PC?
- Show hidden files on Windows 10: via cmd, shortcut
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
- How to disable volume shadow copy?
- Update to Windows 10 for free
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- How to increase your PC hard disk space?
- Windows calendar show week number
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Install RSync under Windows: cygwin, powershell
- Command prompt: Windows 10, commands, shortcut
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- Speed up Windows 10 computer performance
- Fix corrupted driver: Code 39, Windows 10
- Disable Ctfmon.exe at startup on Windows 10
- Play music on computer startup: Windows 10, Windows 7
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- How to right click on touch screen: Windows 10, monitor
- Mount ISO files: Windows 10
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- How to change the installation location on Windows 7, 10, 11
- How to activate a pirated version of Windows?
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- Pagefile.sys file: purpose, size, location
- Fix touchpad on Windows 10: disabled, incompatible driver
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- How to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 via cmd?
- How to display Windows 10 update in Control Panel?
- Delete file in Windows: CMD, 10
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- How to open the Windows 10 registry via cmd
- How to set up the phone companion app in Windows 10?
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- How to turn off Taskbar Tidbits in Windows 10
- Customize the mouse pointer in Windows 8, 10
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- Add a printer in Windows 8.1, 10
- How to switch graphics processor on Windows 10
- How to enable classic notifications in Windows 10
- Take photos with your webcam on Windows 7, 10
- Desktop icons missing Windows: 10, 7, after update
- How to create a desktop shortcut for Cortana: WIndows 10
- How to boot in safe mode in Windows 8, 10?
- How to hide desktop icons on Windows 10?
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- Windows 10: Home Vs Pro
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- How to change Cortana search engine: to Google
- Best Windows 10 browser: 2022, for privacy
- USB not recognized: Windows 10 fix
- How to uninstall Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- How to use Cortana in Windows 10
- How to record screen: Windows 11, 10
- Speed up PC startup on Windows 7, 8, 10