Every print job on the printer server is controlled by the Print Spooler . This is software that helps manage print jobs which are stuck in the queue and processes their deletion after printing is complete.
To disable or enable the print spooling service:
- Click on the Print Spooler Key that can be accessed through My Computer. Modifications in the settings of the key enables or disables the Print Spooler service accordingly.
Right click on My Computer (Computer on Vista) and select Manage
- In the console that opens, pull down the Services menu and applications
- Click on Services
- Double-click on the Print Spooler key
- In the General tab, go to Startup Type
- Set the value to Automatic, Manual or Disabled
- To enable or disable the print spooler service immediately, click Stop or Start
- Finally, click Apply (a restart of the PC is sometimes necessary to take into account changes in parameters).