Occasionally when you turn on your Android device, the phone screen freezes and then you get the message: ‘Android is starting. Optimising application 1 of 1'. This error appears when an application isn’t correctly installed or there was a problematic update.In this article, we’ll show you how to solve this problem.
How to fix 'Android is starting...Optimising app 1 of 1'
The first thing to do is a Soft Reset
. Hold the power
and volume down buttons
for ten to twenty seconds. Once the phone restarts, delete the problematic application and re-install it again. Unfortunately the error message only indicates the number of applications involved (one usually), but does not say which one it is. If you’re not sure which app is causing the problem, there are some steps you can take to figure it out, starting by checking the Log files of the phone
Checking the Log Files on Your Phone
- Activate USB-Debugging on your computer.
- Download the program Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Once the download is complete, connect the phone using a USB cable to your computer. Launch the program and open the Run window (Windows + R). Then enter the code add
logcat > log.txt
- In the log.txt file, you will have to search for rows containing dex2oat (for example with help from Notepad ++), to find the corresponding name of the problematic app.
- Once the above steps are completed, you just need to uninstall this application.