Android gives you the ability to create desktop (home screen) shortcuts to your favorite files or folders.
How to create an Android desktop shortcut to a folder?
To create a shortcut to a folder on your homescreen, you will have to use the File manager. Here are the steps to follow:
- To create a shortcut, open the File Manager.
- Browse for the folder of your choice.
- Then, press and hold on the folder.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- From there, select Add to homescreen.
How to create an Android desktop shortcut to an app?
Creating a shortcut to an app on your home screen is even easier as it doesn't require you to use the File manager. Just follow these three steps:
- Select the menu button.
- Find the app of your choice, press and hold.
- You will be able to drag and drop it to the homescreen.
How to create an Android keyboard shortcut?
In order to create a keyboard shortcut, you have to follow a different method. Here's how:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and select Language & Input.
- Select Personal dictionary.
- Tap the + button.
- Type the word or expression of your choice. Enter the associated shortcut.
- Press back.
- You will now be able to select the full expression from the suggestion field on your keyboard whenever you type the shortcut. For example, typing "brb" will suggest the full expression "be right back".
How to see the keyboard shortcuts on Android?
Here's how to access the list of command keyboard shortcuts:
- Open Settings.
- Select Language & Input from the list.
- Tap Physical keyboard.
- Open Keyboard shortcuts helper.
- Android shortcut to file
- Android shortcut to photo
- Android create shortcut to folder
- Orion stars download for android > Download - Online gaming and betting
- How to open MSI file: on Mac, in Android, in Windows 10 > Guide
- Windows 10 (ISO) > Download - Windows
- How to update emojis on android > Guide
- How to play pokemon on android > Guide