If your computer has started running slower than usual, you might want to find out if a lack of memory space is the cause of the problem. We will show you how to find out if you need to add more RAM in your computer.
Find Out if You Need More RAM
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.
- Now click on Task Manager and select the Performance tab.
- Look just under midway down on the right and you will see a box labeled Physical Memory (K).
- To the right is your installed memory (in kilobytes).
- If you want to convert it to MB, divide it by 1024.
- Now look at the box to the left that says Commit Charge (K).
- The total there will be how much memory is being used.
- You will also see a Peak under that total which tells the highest amount of memory used since the last reboot.
- If the Peak is lower than the Physical Memory total, then you don't need additional memory. If the total Commit Charge is higher than the Physical Memory Total, then additional memory would give you a significant performance boost because of how much memory your system is using with the Operating System and applications.
Image: © 123RF.com
- How to tell if you need more ram windows 10
- How to tell if you need more ram - Best answers
- How do i know if i need more ram - Best answers
- Clear ram windows 10 cmd - Guide
- Gta 4 2gb ram windows 7 download ✓ - Forum - GTA
- Test ram windows 10 - How-To - Free Software
- Virtual memory for 4gb ram windows 8 - Guide
- How to change hardware reserved ram windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Hardware