The discussions

Row conditional formating in excel

Solved

Hi All, I'm trying to play around with the conditional formatting in excel to highlight a row in excel if a cell in that row contains certain text....

3 replies Last reply on 22 Feb 2018 by
Mazzaropi

Highlight help

Solved

Hello, I am needing help with being able to highlight a cell based on another cell's value. Example: I am dealing with cells J2 and J3. I am needi...

3 replies Last reply on 14 Feb 2018 by
Mazzaropi

Counting sites visits within a year

Solved

Hi All, I have a small database that is regularly updated keeping track of site visits and I want to be able to create a table of number of visits ...

5 replies Last reply on 13 Feb 2018 by
Mazzaropi

How to apply conditional formatting

Solved

I would like to apply conditional formatting so that Cell A4 is highlighted (filled) if Cell B4 has Text (date in the format 22-DEC-17) and unhighligh...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Feb 2018 by
smith145

How to copy data to a different worksheet?

Solved

Hello, I would like to copy data from a specific cell of a worksheet and paste into a specific cell in a different worksheet Eg from cell b2 of a l...

11 replies Last reply on 7 Feb 2018 by
vcoolio

Conditional formatting - dates

Solved

Hello, On a spreadsheet, the cells in column N contain a date. I need any date that is 6 weeks ago or longer to be highlighted. How do I do ...

4 replies Last reply on 6 Feb 2018 by
BethanMary4

Rearrange multiple columns in four columns, vba

Solved

Hello guys, An excel rookie needs the help of more experienced users of Excel and VBA. I have a data set that looks the following way: There ...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Feb 2018 by
ac3mark

Matchpoint score

Solved

hello I hope that someone can help me. I have an excel sheet in which I record scores of teams and I would like a formula to calculate the points acc...

5 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2018 by
Mazzaropi

How to use conditional format based on text?

Solved

Hello, I want a cell to change color if another cell contains the words "first aid". The text comes down from a drop down list and could read "Fi...

26 replies Last reply on 24 Jan 2018 by
Mooseman

Copy and convert data

Solved

Hi, in advance I would like to thank everyone for reading my post and providing any assistance. I have an exported worksheet with 50 rows of data (30...

29 replies Last reply on 23 Jan 2018 by
vcoolio

Vlookup, if? question assigning value to text options

Solved

Hello, I need to make an spreadsheet that corresponds different text values and gives them a score. I have several tables set up, that I was tryin...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Jan 2018 by
Soupies

Data showing who pays a doesnt after manually input receipts

Solved

Hello, Hope im clear on this. Im a bit lost. I have sheet one. This is a spredsheet where we input a secuential number with the name of the ...

5 replies Last reply on 17 Jan 2018 by
Mazzaropi

Filter the data in excel through formula

Solved

Hello, I need a formula of the following quotation: Column A Belongs To Customer Name Column B Belongs The Date Column C Belongs To Item ...

27 replies Last reply on 9 Jan 2018 by
Ash

Insert rows on change of value in excel table

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have an excell spreadsheet that contains a table. I want a macro of vb to insert a row into the table when the values in a particular colum...

13 replies Last reply on 4 Jan 2018 by
Counselor

If function in excel error

Solved

Hello, anyone can tell me where the error Is. =IF(G:G>="0:05", 0:30Min, IF(G:G>="0:20",1:30hrs, IF(G:G="0:00",0:00hrs , 4:00hrs))) * * ...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Dec 2017 by
AngelaTyq

Conditional formatting with multiple rules and blank text cells

Solved

Hi, I wonder if someone would be able to help me with this. This is probably really simple, but I can't get it to work. I need excel to change a c...

6 replies Last reply on 6 Dec 2017 by
PaiviM

Setting up excel formula

Solved

Hello, I need some help with the excel formulas I have new taxation laws that apply my organization from January. The current taxes are 10%...

7 replies Last reply on 4 Dec 2017 by
ac3mark

Comparing data between two excel sheets

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have two excel sheets with the same columns. Essentially Name, Email, Phone. One sheet is the 'original" data and the other is the "upd...

12 replies Last reply on 1 Dec 2017 by
dubla89

Formatting cell

Solved

Hello, I want to highlight the coloumn B, if the coloumn A is greater than 0, In column A having numbers and the column B having texts. here so...

3 replies Last reply on 21 Nov 2017 by
sheeba

Drop down look up

Solved

Hello all, I have a 40 sheet workbook. I want to hide 39 of the tabs and use one sheet as the "master" to pull all of the data. I have the tabs in ...

14 replies Last reply on 21 Nov 2017 by
vcoolio

Automatically update master worksheet from other worksheets

Solved

Okay, first I should mention that I'm a complete amateur when it comes to excel. No VBA or macro experience, so if you're not sure whether I know some...

18 replies Last reply on 21 Nov 2017 by
vcoolio

Help- conditional cell formatting

Solved

Hello, I am trying to do some conditional formatting and having a little trouble. Here is what Im looking to get. I have a column A (estimated ...

2 replies Last reply on 21 Nov 2017 by
campbellty10

Make a macro run when data entered in a cell

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a macro that runs when the user clicks on a button. Instead, I want the macro to run when Cell D10 is populated. The data for D10 c...

36 replies Last reply on 15 Nov 2017 by
Rajiv

Worksheet_selectionchange event not working

Solved

Hello, I wanted to execute a Worksheet_SelectionChange event code. But its not working. I searched on net to find that if I change (General) to Wo...

2 replies Last reply on 13 Nov 2017 by
Omi Kat

Working out the difference in times between two columns

Solved

I have various times in Column B (Departure time), and another set of times in Column C (arrival time). If the time in B is between 07.00 and 00.59...

5 replies Last reply on 12 Nov 2017 by
sailingdemon

How to copy columns to a specific column header and repeat?

Solved

Hello all, am new to using macros in excel. i have data and i want to be able to columns and paste it under some specific columns repeatedly. Examp...

2 replies Last reply on 10 Nov 2017 by
stylus33

Changing format of date in excel

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have an excel sheet which has lots of cells in a column with the date format as - day month date time year & I wish to convert that to dd/...

56 replies Last reply on 9 Nov 2017 by
Dnbaugh

Copying formula by changing only one rule.

Solved

Hello Team, I want to copy the formula "=INDEX((Sheet1!B2:B99),MATCH(B24,Sheet1!A2:A99,0))" 1000 cells by changing only "B24" to "B25, B26" and so ...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Nov 2017 by
shan_asa

How to compare a range of data in excel?

Solved

Dear Team, I want to compare a range of values from columns in row A (A1 to A6) with date input in column C1. If C1 is equal to data in A1 then D1 ...

4 replies Last reply on 29 Oct 2017 by
shan_asa

Vba for copying from data entry sheet to corresponding sheets

Solved

Hi, I am new to excel and would need some help. I wanted a vba for copying from data entry sheet to corresponding sheets automatically in the same ...

7 replies Last reply on 24 Oct 2017 by
TrowaD

Delete or insert rows in a workbook

Solved

Hello, sir how i can delete or insert rows in a workbook between sheet one & sheet two for example when i insert or delete row in sheet one i wa...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Oct 2017 by
TrowaD

How to use a macro to check data in 2 work sheets

Solved

Hi team I have 2 work sheets with thousands of data. I need a macro to compare data in these 2 work sheets and show the result(matching or not matc...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Oct 2017 by
ac3mark

How to generate a static unique identifier for each excel row

Solved

Hello, How can generate a unique identifier for each Excel row that WILL NOT change when I delete or add rows? System Configuration: Windows /...

4 replies Last reply on 6 Oct 2017 by
ac3mark

Two if forumlas inside an if formula

Solved

Hello, I am very new to using excel but somehow have managed to bluster my way around so please let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree! ...

4 replies Last reply on 6 Oct 2017 by
Mazzaropi

Autopopulating multiple sheets from one main sheet

Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm making an accounting workbook for an organization I am the treasurer for, and I've run into a problem. On the first sheet "Account"...

45 replies Last reply on 5 Oct 2017 by
TrowaD

How to sum a number from a range of cells, based on value

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to update a spreadsheet that contains our wedding mailing list. The rows contain the invitee name, address and email address....

3 replies Last reply on 5 Oct 2017 by
TrowaD

Rank of numbers between specified range

Solved

Hello, Dear Sir, I have following data Marks Desired Rank 91.3 2 91.4 2 91.5 1 91.7 ...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Oct 2017 by
TrowaD

Formatting cells based on certain criteria

Solved

I want to make a cell change colour based on a number of different criteria: Cell A1 Has an incident date B1 Displays the date 14 days after the inc...

7 replies Last reply on 29 Sep 2017 by
sailingdemon

Sum ifs function

Solved

Hello, I need a formula to sum the values in a range of cells if the content in another range of cells equals the text currently in a cell in a co...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Sep 2017 by
dshaviv

Excel macro: copy formulas across worksheets

Solved

So first off, I have no Idea how to program, but I can kind of understand simple programs. Either way, I'm trying to figure out a macro in MS Excel...

12 replies Last reply on 24 Sep 2017 by
OCG

Arrow keys scrolling in excel

Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm working in Excel and my arrow keys are moving the entire spreadsheet and are not moving cell by cell up, down, right or left. I do not...

24 replies Last reply on 20 Sep 2017 by
Upthewall

Help with formula please

Solved

Hi, please could someone help me with a formula to add up cells that have data in them. My spreadsheet has data in columns B-N - some of them have ...

3 replies Last reply on 19 Sep 2017 by
CB7373

Subtract last column from first column

Solved/Closed

Hello, I am having a problem i have a excel sheet there are the data for various employees timing. first of all i want to search the last colu...

3 replies Last reply on 18 Sep 2017 by
vcoolio

Need to calculate monthly avg and yearly miles from odometer

Solved/Closed

Good afternoon, I am having an issue figuring out how to get excel to calculate the yearly mileage and monthly avg by just monthly odometer reading...

5 replies Last reply on 13 Sep 2017 by
vcoolio

Auto-populate info. from master sheet to multiple sheets

Solved

Hi, I have been working on an excel sheet for the past month and have not found a solution that would do what I need it to do. I'm sure there have ...

15 replies Last reply on 12 Sep 2017 by
TrowaD

Update data from one sheet to the next.

Solved

The macro I want just takes data from one tab and adds it to another like an update. i suspect that the macro will take some time to make as the updat...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Sep 2017 by
ac3mark

Conditional formating - apply on more cells

Solved/Closed

Hello, i'm not so familiar with conditional formatting, so I would like to ask something: I'm making a doc where Column A has number values, column ...

32 replies Last reply on 30 Aug 2017 by
Raj

How to change the date format in excel 2007

Solved/Closed

Hello, i want to know that howcan I change the dateformat in excel 2007 worksheet if I want it like :- monday,1dec.2008 plz. answer me soon....

22 replies Last reply on 26 Aug 2017 by
Praveen

Search for input criteria, return designated cells.

Solved

Hey all, I am trying to write a VBA command/macro that essentially takes a criteria input from the destination worksheet, searches and matches the ...

12 replies Last reply on 19 Aug 2017 by
vcoolio

Copying dates to another worksheet.

Solved

Hello, I found this script from vcoolio, thanks for that! Sub Advise() Dim x As Integer Dim lRow As LonglRow = Range("E" & Rows.Count...

12 replies Last reply on 17 Aug 2017 by
vcoolio
Results 251 - 300 out of a total of 1,688