Excel Forum - solved topics

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 951 - 1000 of about 1,710
  • Solved
  • Excel 2010-VB Macro formula into many spreadsheets Solved/Closed

Hello Everyone, I am new in VB programming and I am trying to write a macro in Excel. Basically, I have written a formula in Excel which enable me ...

AnFey | Latest reply: AnFey Mar 3, 2014
    4 replies
  • IF function using dates Solved/Closed

Hi I am trying to write an IF function for an escalation calculation and need some help please. What I want to achieve is to have a date filled ...

Escalation | Latest reply: Escalation Feb 28, 2014
    2 replies
  • how do i change the result of a formula to normal text or values Solved/Closed

Hello , i have a formula which calculates my working hours for each day " =C9+(B9>C9)-B9 " ... when i try to sum all the hours resulted from that for...

kelnasawa | Latest reply: kelnasawa Feb 26, 2014
    8 replies
  • Excel MMYY format in order Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a data set and a column currently with a selection of dates in MYY and MMYY, eg. 909 (Sep 2009) 1011 (Oct 2011) 1212 (Dec 2012...

nickkyh | Latest reply: nickkyh Feb 24, 2014
    5 replies
  • Excel formula help Solved/Closed

Hello, I would like to request some assistance with a formula I have been trying to figure out. I know it's a simple one, but it evades my mind. ...

jgates | Latest reply: ac3mark Feb 19, 2014
    5 replies
  • if cost is 18.66 what would be 0.6% of it (calculation method) Solved/Closed

and if basic pay 65000rs what would be the 2.5% of it(calculation method)

nooblord | Latest reply: nooblord Feb 17, 2014
    5 replies
  • formulas Solved/Closed

sum a column if two other columns contain a specific text each so sum (if (A1:A20=1 and B1:B20 = "A", C1:c20)

Gmooney | Latest reply: Gmooney Feb 14, 2014
    2 replies
  • Copy data from current work to another Solved/Closed

Hi All, Please can you help me with the VBA code which copies columns from current active workbook to another closed workbook at the end of rows.....

Sushil Gaikwad | Latest reply: Sush Feb 14, 2014
    2 replies
  • Conditional formatting from another cell by range Solved/Closed

Hey, I need helpppppppp i want to change the color of a cell based on the range value of another cell eg. i need a1 to be red if b1 is < 70%, Y...

riboss | Latest reply: ac3mark Feb 13, 2014
    1 reply
  • Excel Formula Solved/Closed

I need a formula to compute one equation if one criteria OR another criteria is met, and a different equation depending on another criteria If nu...

meesh97 | Latest reply: meesh97 Feb 10, 2014
    2 replies
  • code to move a row based on fix values and paste it Solved/Closed

Hello Gurus, This is my 1st question and I m a beginner in macros .I wanted a code to move a row based on a fix values and paste it in the same shee...

sonkar | Latest reply: sonkar Feb 8, 2014
    2 replies
  • simple macro Solved/Closed

I am trying to create a Macro to filling in a series of columns starting with the current cell. simply if cell A1 is selected and you hit the ...

warnerjs | Latest reply: warnerjs Feb 7, 2014
    2 replies
  • fill amount from a cell if date is before end of month Solved/Closed

Can someone please help. I'm trying to track outstanding bills due by the end of month as in the following example: If date in cell B5 (due date) i...

hawkwms | Latest reply: hawkwms Feb 6, 2014
    4 replies
  • Find highest value and state its cell name Solved/Closed

Hello, I have the following issue: in A and B: Marche 160,994 Puglia 463,251 Lombardia 405,626 Emilia- 542,009 Lombardia 451,468 ...

Fessi | Latest reply: Fessi Jan 30, 2014
    2 replies
  • search for a string and if found, select that row? Solved/Closed

I know this is a very simple question but I can't find the answer I need. I am using Excel 2007 but I can get to a computer with Excel 2010 if necessa...

maybedog | Latest reply: maybedog Jan 29, 2014
    2 replies
  • How to add times in hour and minutes format Solved/Closed

Hello In the first column I have start time, in the second finish time and the third column the time elapsed ie A minus B = C But if I add colum...

Ambucias | Latest reply: Ambucias Jan 27, 2014
    19 replies
  • Formula:IF E18 = 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 Then End Result = G18, G19 etc. Solved/Closed

Trying to create a formula where I have a merged cell (E18) that if 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 is entered I want the end result to equal the contents of G18, G19...

wreidmetals | Latest reply: wreidmetals Jan 22, 2014
    2 replies
  • how do i add text to a drop down list Solved/Closed

Good day how do i add text to a drop down list i created in excel Configuration: Windows XP / Chrome 24.0.1312.57

Maxi84 | Latest reply: Maxi84 Jan 21, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel help Solved/Closed

I am tracking shipments of our product. When I enter the amount that shipped, I would like for that days date to appear in a separate cell and never c...

Flashrunner | Latest reply: TrowaD Jan 20, 2014
    1 reply
  • Conditional formatting help Solved/Closed

Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a column for employee hours. Anything over 9 hours is considered overtime and we are tracking how many employees are ...

tinayat | Latest reply: tinayat Jan 16, 2014
    2 replies
  • Conditional formatting with "contain". Solved/Closed

Hello...I am using Excel 2007. I can't get beyond the following: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("campaign",A2))=TRUE This is what I'm trying to do...If cell A2...

Tulsi17 | Latest reply: ac3mark Jan 15, 2014
    3 replies
  • MS Excel Number format error Solved/Closed

Hello, I use Ms Execl in that I have a error it like this..... 1. when I type a number 400 in the cell an give Enter. It is not showing the exa...

zac | Latest reply: Akoh Jan 15, 2014
    5 replies
  • Date format problem (5.8.14) Solved/Closed

Hi. I'm using excel 2013 on Win7 Ultimate SP1. My problem is that I often type the dates with the help of decimals/periods. But I've learned thru goog...

zopfan | Latest reply: zopfan Jan 14, 2014
    4 replies
  • Excel Date Format Solved/Closed

Hello, when users enter a date in excel using this format 12.1.2008, I need the cell to automatically change the format to 12-Jan-08 thanks, mo...

moses | Latest reply: zopfan Jan 13, 2014
    7 replies
  • Help with text & number rule! Solved/Closed

I wonder if anyone would know how to create the following rule in Excel: IF I enter a specific "text" in cell A, then Excel would insert a correspo...

Alulus | Latest reply: Alulus Jan 3, 2014
    7 replies
  • Applying my macro to a range of cells... Solved/Closed

I found this macro and it works perfectly....inserts an "x" on a single mouse click into cells, but I only want it active on a certain range of cells....

lorihohen | Latest reply: ac3mark Jan 3, 2014
    5 replies
  • date function Solved/Closed

i want to know how to create a date series in an excel.. for eg if i enter the date in A1 as 1.12.2013 how to create automatically in the A2 as 2.12...

gayathrialagu | Latest reply: venkat1926 Dec 24, 2013
    1 reply
  • moving data from rows into columns for every Solved/Closed

Hello, I have data in a single column and would like to transpose it into a row for every three rows with a space delimiter, for example; The colum...

Rick | Latest reply: Glitchdata Dec 10, 2013
    20 replies
  • Excel Macro: combine selected rows Solved/Closed

Hello, I have source data in Excel looking like this: CustomerID SalesMonth SalesAmount 12345 Jan 15...

Steve | Latest reply: iietntech Dec 5, 2013
    6 replies
  • sum ifs function in excel Solved/Closed

Is it possible to have a criteria range for a range of dates and have it add for a date less that the specified criteria? 11/1/...

rtcorpuz | Latest reply: rtcorpuz Nov 28, 2013
    4 replies
  • Invoice No Solved/Closed

Hello, After Long period i came here to ask some thing to my friends that is i want to raise the invoice as per the cell value i have given some e...

sgmpatnaik | Latest reply: sgmpatnaik Nov 27, 2013
    6 replies
  • Bank Reconciliation Solved/Closed

Hi Am trying to automate bank reconciliation Any ideas as what the code is. In the work book i have 12 worksheets for receipts and 12 worksheets ...

MRafik | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 26, 2013
    32 replies
  • Macro for linking two workbooks, comparing one document ID with Solved/Closed

Hello, I need help in creating a macro for linking two workbooks, comparing document ID's in one workbook with the status of that Document ID's in ...

Hyundai123 | Latest reply: Hyundai123 Nov 22, 2013
    2 replies
  • How to delete a line from Excel cell Solved/Closed

Dear all How to delete a line from every cell in a column??

mahfuz19 | Latest reply: mahfuz19 Nov 20, 2013
    4 replies
  • 2010 IF function help Solved/Closed

I'm looking to combine a IF function for one cell with a date function in another. The aim is to have something like this: =IF(A1=2099,"James Jones...

Kingantz | Latest reply: ac3mark Nov 18, 2013
    3 replies
  • Iam trying a lot to make the formula succes, but its not helping Solved/Closed

Hello Ther!! Iam trying a lot to make the formula succes, but its not helping all people ther Kindly help me on the below formula it gives resu...

luqmansyed | Latest reply: Kevin@Radstock Nov 17, 2013
    3 replies
  • Dating Problem! Solved/Closed

Hi Can you help? I need a cell to only input if a lead cell is blank but if the lead cell has a date format i.e 24/11/13 then to input that sam...

rbmastertitan | Latest reply: rbmastertitan Nov 8, 2013
    6 replies
  • Hide/Unhide an Autoshape or Picture in Excel Solved/Closed

Hi All, Could anyone tell me the method to Hide/Unhide an Autoshape or Picture in Excel Spreadsheet? I know it is possible through Macro Codes, an...

madambath | Latest reply: jerangkung Nov 7, 2013
    6 replies
  • Nested And/IF Statments Solved/Closed

Hello and good day. I am in the process of putting together an annual bonus/vacation accural sheet and need some assistance with building a comple...

nelsojm | Latest reply: nelsojm Nov 4, 2013
    3 replies
  • Excel worksheet auto generator Solved/Closed

Hello, i have a workbook with a names sheet that has all the info I need put onto timecard and a master sheet with the timecard that the employee wil...

Chemopp | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Nov 1, 2013
    10 replies
  • Need help with lookup? or if? command Solved/Closed

Hi Everyone, Can someone help me with a command or macro that will look up the price of a product in a country from a reference worksheet and then fi...

nycm | Latest reply: nycm Oct 31, 2013
    3 replies
  • Compare cells of two columns excel 2007 Solved/Closed

Hello, I have two columns with identical cells and I need to find those that are not the same. For example: Column1 Cell1 = "a", Column2 Cell1 = "...

Baruch | Latest reply: Rajen Oct 31, 2013
    5 replies
  • CONDITIONAL FORMATTING Solved/Closed

I need a formula stating that if cell R7 is blank, then Q7 is yellow. So if anything is entered in R7 then the cell Q7 is no color

KGRIFFITH | Latest reply: KGRIFFITH Oct 31, 2013
    6 replies
  • Need Macro- Copy Row and Insert 10 times Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a similar question as this previous thread: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-107673-copy-row-and-insert-n-times but I'm not sure which ...

nycm | Latest reply: nycm Oct 29, 2013
    2 replies
  • excel VBA Solved/Closed

Hi all, Greetings, could I get help, I am trying to write data into cells in a spread sheet, using an initial value, then adding a specific increme...

ugo234 | Latest reply: ugo234 Oct 24, 2013
    5 replies
  • YES OR NO...IF SO.... Solved/Closed

Hi I need to ask a cell to do two functions. So if a cell (drop down list) has yes/no...then another cell will.....when yes is selected then d...

rbmastertitan | Latest reply: Tim Oct 24, 2013
    2 replies
  • add row Solved/Closed

I am trying to create a macro that will insert a set amount of blank rows into an existing spreadsheet Here is a sample: Currently: in column ...

bijnan | Latest reply: bijnan Oct 22, 2013
    0 replies
  • Converting Rows of data into Columns Solved/Closed

Hi everyone, I hope you all can help. I have a file in with 17,000 lines of data in rows that I need converted into columns. I don't work with Ex...

chuaf24 | Latest reply: chuaf24 Oct 22, 2013
    3 replies
  • Macro to traspose data Solved/Closed

Hi I need a help I need to transpose my data following way for a longitudinal analysis; ID Day1 Day2 Day3 Day4 Day5 Day...

aac1975 | Latest reply: TrowaD Oct 21, 2013
    5 replies
  • want one cell to be highlighted if i type something in next one Solved/Closed

Hello, I want B1 to be highlighted as green if i type any text in C1. Please help me. Regards Saurabh

Saurabhmitra07 | Latest reply: Saurabhmitra07 Oct 20, 2013
    2 replies