You may find that your Android device has gone into Safe mode without meaning for it to. This can be caused by repeated application crashes or simply by you accidentally pressing the combination of buttons that activates it. This how-to will introduce you to several ways of deactivating Safe mode on your Android.
What is the Safe Mode?
Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for computers and smartphones that allow you to identify and remedy a range of issues that you might be experiencing with your device.
How to simply restart your device?
Sometimes, a simple restart of your Android smartphone will cause it to revert back to Normal mode. You should start with this easy option because, if it works, it will save you lots of time and frustration that you might have, otherwise, wasted on more complicated fixes.
Newer Android devices allow you to restart your smartphone via a notification. However, if this choice is unavailable to you, you may try to restart your device by swiping from top to bottom on your screen and then selecting the restart option.
How to force restart your smartphone?
If the classic restart is unsuccessful, try performing a forced restart. Begin by turning off your phone, then turning it back on while pressing [Power] + [Volume -] simultaneously.
If the option is available, you can also try removing the battery, waiting roughly 10 seconds, then replacing it.
How to uninstall an application?
If the aforementioned tips haven't worked, the issue may be caused by the fact that you have recently downloaded a faulty program. Locate any recently downloaded applications and uninstall them. Once you have done this, restart your device, which should now be out of Safe mode.
How to restore Android to factory settings?
If none of the above solutions have worked, you will need to restore your phone to its factory settings. This means that all of your personal settings and data will be lost, so this option is a last resort. You should also consider backing up any information that you'd like to keep before continuing.
- The first way to do this is via the Settings menu. (The name of this menu may change depending on your Android version.)
- Go to Settings > Save and restore > Restore > Restore now.
Using Recovery mode
- The second way is via Recovery mode. This will come in handy if you can't access your settings due to the fact that you are stuck in Safe mode.
- In order to access this mode, you will need to, first, perform a hard reset on your device. To find out how to access Recovery mode via a hard reset, please visit our article on how to hard reset your Samsung device.
- Once you've done this, all you need to do is reconfigure your smartphone and re-download your apps.
- Deactivate safe mode android
- How To Deactivate Safe Mode on Android
- How to enable safety mode on LG smart TV > Guide
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings > Guide
- Ps3 safe mode > Guide
- Opera mini desktop mode on android > Guide
- Secret codes for Android phones
- Android IP address: check, changer
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- Show hidden files on Android
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- How to update apps on Android automatically
- Manage and organize apps on Android
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- Display contact number list: with name
- Use AirPods with an Android phone
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage
- How to turn off Android music player
- How to Enable the Equalizer on VLC For Android
- Connect Android to PC: wifi, Windows 10, USB
- Disable in-app purchases: Android
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- Disable images in Chrome Android: 2020, 2019
- Download videos from websites: Chrome, iPhone, app
- How to install APK files on Android
- Update the Google Play Store app
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- Reset Sony Xperia: to factory settings, hard reset
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- Enable content filtering on the Google Play Store
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- How to update Android auto
- Clear system cache on Android
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- How to delete all tags in Shazam: Android
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- XAPK file: installer, means, format
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- How to hide apps on Android
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- How To Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy
- Add subtitles to video: Android, free
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- How to get GPS location on Android
- How to unlock Android without internet
- Popup reminder on Android
- Block camera and microphone on google chrome: Android
- How to block ads on Android
- Turn off Autocorrect on Android
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- Remote TV apps for Android
- Android emulators for PC