If you have an MKV file with DTS sound track and you can not read it, this little tutorial is for you ...
First step: extract the DTS audio track to convert it
- Download Mkvmerge 2.9.8
- Launch the program "mkvextractgui.exe" (it should be in the directory mkvmerge)
- Click on the button (with three points) to the right of the "input" field to open your mkv (which is actually in DTS)
- Check the "Content" field of the soundtrack
- Then click on "extraction", it will extract the mkv in the directory by default
Second step: the conversion
- Download EAC3toGUI.
- starts "eac3togui.exe"
- Right of the "source file" option click on "browse" and will seek your extracted DTS soundtrack.
- Then click on "convert" and wait for termination of the process.
Third step: Remixing
- Launch the program "mkvextractgui.exe" and open your file with your original dts soundtrack by clicking on the " add " option.
- In the field where the tracks appear, uncheck the DTS soundtrack.
- Re-click on add and will seek your soundtrack in AC3. Then check off.
- Click on Start Mixing and it should be ok.
Thanks to Arkandill for this tip.
Published by jak58
Latest update on August 7, 2010 at 07:21 AM by jak58.