Change your settings in Skype so that “Enter” inserts a line break instead of sending a message.
How to disable sending messages when pressing ENTER in Skype Preview
By default upon pressing the Enter key Skype automatically send the IM (under composition), but you can change the action assigned to the Enter key and have the "Instead line break" option instead.
There are 3 ways to include line breaks in a long message and still send it in one piece:
1) Press “Shift+Enter
” instead of “Enter” when you want to start a new line.
2) Change your settings
in Skype so that “Enter” inserts a line break instead of sending a message:
- Open the Tools menu > Options > IM & SMS > "Show advanced options" button.
- In the IM settings window, go to the "Pressing Enter will" section.
- Check the "Insert line break" option.
- Click on Save to validate.
3) You can also type your message including line breaks in another program, such as Notepa
d or Word
, and then copy & paste it into Skype.