In this article we will show you how to disable the "Encrypting File System (EFS)" service, on Windows 7. Follow the simple guide below.
Disable The EFS Service on Windows 7
- Click on Start then type "services.msc" in the search field and press enter.
- In the "Services" window, look for the following entry:
- Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Double click and set the "Startup type" as "Disabled"
- Click on OK to validate.
Image: © John Schnobrich - Unsplash.com
- Efs ui application
- How to remove encryption in windows 7 - Best answers
- Encrypt folder windows 7 - Best answers
- Windows 8 - Preview installed applications of the Modern UI in one click - How-To - Windows 8
- Application causes system to restart solution - How-To - Windows
- Internal application error ✓ - Forum - Software
- The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) google chrome ✓ - Forum - Google Chrome
- You do not have permission to open the application “google chrome”. ✓ - Forum - Google Chrome
This document, titled « Disable The EFS Service on Windows 7 », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).