Some programs may require administrative rights to run properly on your computer. Here's how to launch a program in administrator mode on Windows 8.1.
From the Desktop:
From the StartScreen:
- To launch a program as administrator from the desktop:
- Right-click on the program's icon > Run as administrator:
- Search for the application >Right-click > Run as administrator.
You can also configure a program to run as administrator by default:
- Right-click on the program's icon > Properties
- Go to the Security tab and check "Run this program as an administrator".